We are seeking a qualified Assistant Manager, Accounting & Finance reporting directly to the Onshore Manager for one of its vertical. The successful candidate will have strong accounting knowledge in the software industry, experience with leading a team, be responsible for month-end / quarter-end close and accurately maintain financial records, prepare and oversee deliverables to other teams (i.e. Corporate, Internal Audit, Tax) and external parties (i.e. External Auditors), and have a strong understanding of the intricacies of assets, liabilities, profit and loss, and other financial transactions within an organization. The Assistant Manager will have excellent communication, business, and analytical skills. This individual is efficient, resourceful, and could lead a team to accomplish the financial and operational reporting needs of the organization.
- Have a strong understanding of processes to lead the team in maintaining accurate financials for the business, including:
- AR aging and reporting
- Billings and collections data
- Accrue, defer, and classify revenues and expenses following CSI policies
- Maintain accurate balance sheet account reconciliations
- Payables management; ensure compliance with the invoice approval process
- Treasury management (cash receipt application, bank reconciliations, collections)
- Fixed Assets Management
- Train and organize the finance team that supports the financial reporting processes.
- Responsible for the day-to-day supervision, goal setting, and performance reviews of the finance team.
- Review customer contracts and assess IFRS 15 impact to ensure appropriate entries are booked during month-end / quarter-end close.
- Have strong working knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains (GP) to maintain accurate financial records.
- Work closely with business managers on the monthly forecast; ensure accuracy of forecast in Jedox for reporting.
- Develop strong team cohesion through continuous contact with team members in the form of regularly scheduled one on ones, and team meetings. Engage in a process of continuous improvement to use tools to automate as much of the financial reporting processes as possible.
- Assist with implementation of acquisitions when required including financial system integrations or other business processes
Technical and Educational Qualifications
- Be proactive in ensuring processes are completed end-to-end and all deliverables are submitted in a timely manner by the team
- Maintain a continuous improvement mindset and proactively identify, review, and implement process improvements.
- When the team is not receiving information or support required, proactively take action to resolve the matter and escalate when needed
Exciting Benefits we offer:
- Minimum 5-7 years of professional experience in a leadership role.
- Financial knowledge in the software / IT field, specifically with financial operations and accounting guidelines.
- A strong understanding of accounting guidelines, particularly IFRS 15 and IFRS 16 is required, and acquisition accounting is a plus.
- Ability to manage and prioritize competing deliverables in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong communication skills.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office suite including advanced use of Excel workbooks and PowerPoint.
- Experience with Great Plains is required.
- Professional Accounting Designation is required.
- Market-leading Salary
- Medical Coverage – Self & Dependents
- Parents Medical Coverage
- Provident Fund
- Employee Performance-based bonuses
- Home Internet Subsidy
- Conveyance Allowance
- Profit Sharing Plan [Tenured Employees Only]
- Life Benefit
- Child Care Facility
- Company Provided Lunch/Dinner
- Professional Development Budget
- Recreational area for in-house games
- Sporadic On-shore training opportunities
- Friendly work environment
- Leave Encashment