Financial Accoutant – Vitality Program
Contour has a great opportunity for a qualified Financial Accountant to join our team for newly introduced Vitality Program. Designed to facilitate business growth by preparing future leaders to take on challenges and hold key positions in businesses finance teams. The set milestones and deliverables will enable the ideal candidate to develop their accounting, compliance, and reporting skills through managing daily tasks and working with senior resource teams.
Responsibilities for this role includes creating and analyzing financial reports, maintaining Fixed Assets and Depreciation schedules, reconciling business bank statements, month-end close processes, and performing other ad-hoc research and reporting tasks. The successful candidate will work closely with senior team members, respond to information requests from management, and maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information.
The ideal candidate will possess excellent communication, organizational, and analytical skills, with a strong attention to the details and a willingness to learn. They will have the ability to work effectively as part of a team and independently prioritizing tasks to meet deadlines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- The candidate should have strong analytical skills and be able to work with large data sets.
- The candidate should have strong organizational and communication skills allowing him or her to manage multiple priorities while maintaining exceptional attention to detail.
- Be proactive and eager to contribute and learn and provide solutions. Maintaining a continuous improvement mindset and proactively identify, review, and implement process improvements.
The following are the essential duties and responsibilities, and other duties may be assigned.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Record day to day financial transactions and complete the posting process within GP.
- Review banking transactions and reconcile with GL on daily basis.
- Work with external and internal auditors and manage their requirement.
- Assist with compliance and control team with ad-hoc projects.
- Coordinates and manages all relevant support relating to customer invoices including executed contracts, purchase orders, and other support material.
- Assist in the preparation of internal monthly financial statements related to monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting within deadlines and with high attention to accuracy, including:
- Bank and account reconciliation preparation and adjustments, analytical review and variance analysis
- Preparation of journal entries for month-end close
- Identify intercompany differences and send to local accounting team findings
- Preparation of balance sheet reconciliations monthly and related reports
- Preparation of OPEX analysis reports monthly
- Assist with preparation of trial balance variance analysis and commentary monthly
- Assist with quarterly disclosure reporting and templates
- Generates and maintains complete records of all financial transactions following IFRS and in time to meet internal and external timelines
- Implement process improvements to accounting processes and procedures to increase efficiency and effectiveness.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's or master's degree in accounting, business economics, or finance, professional qualifications ACCACPA CIMA ICMA is required. 5+ years of accounting experience. Familiarity with accounting and corporate finance principles and procedures. Working knowledge of GAAP & IFRS is a plus. Strong numeracy and analytical skills. Good problem-solving and time management skills. Highly organized with a strong attention to details.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business processes and technical procedures. Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, clients, vendors, colleagues, and the general public.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains Database software; Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Microsoft Outlook Internet software; Microsoft Excel Spreadsheet software, and Microsoft Office Word Processing software.
Exciting Benefits we offer:
- Market-leading Salary
- Medical Coverage – Self & Dependents
- Parents Medical Coverage
- Provident Fund
- Employee Performance-based bonuses
- Home Internet Subsidy
- Conveyance Allowance
- Profit Sharing Plan [Tenured Employees Only]
- Life Benefit
- Child Care Facility
- Company Provided Lunch/Dinner
- Professional Development Budget
- Recreational area for in-house games
- Sporadic On-shore training opportunities
- Friendly work environment
- Leave Encashment