Motion Software, a division of Jonas Software (an operating group of Constellation Software Inc.) provides industry-leading software and mobile applications to the inspection and compliance industry. Motion Software's solutions are used by over 15,000 users Worldwide across a diverse range of business sectors, from Construction to Insurance Engineering Services to Oil and Gas, and more recent the Renewable Energy sector. "Kinetic , Motion Software's 3rd generation Software, drives efficiencies throughout the entire inspection process; from workforce mobilisation, to personnel compliance and competency management, to report creation and industry compliant certification, and much more. With an in-built API stack, Kinetic can integrate with many industry providers therefore offering a fully integrated solution. Motion's strong culture of encouraging and empowering our team to push boundaries and embrace new technology is helping us develop software solutions that deliver clear value to our customers.
We are seeking to hire a Senior/Lead SQA Analyst with experience and expertise in both manual and automation testing. Working closely with the Motion team in the UK to help ensure high quality and timely delivery of releases. This is an exciting time to join the company as the Lead role will be involved in defining and implementing an overall strategy for both automated and manual testing and a new team of developers and testers are being recruited to meet Motion's growth objectives. You will also need the ability to work in a local independent team or as part of a co-located team with other UK based team members.
The successful hires will be located and work out of the Greycon office, working as part of the resource-centre team, as an extension of the division-based R&D department in the UK
JOB QUALIFICATIONS Essential:
- Preparing and writing test cases based on requirements.
- Performing manual testing.
- Convey unbiased advice/opinions clearly.
- Documenting and communicating findings.
- Verification of defects and fixes.
- Defining and implementing testing strategy.
- Implementing automated test framework/scripts.
- Building excellent working relationships with Development and the rest of the Test department to ensure the highest possible quality.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, or equivalent technical Degree; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 6+ years of professional experience in manual testing
- 2+ recent years of professional experience in automation testing
- Experience in setting up automation frameworks and processes for .net based products
- Experience of Object-Oriented Programming with C#.
- Experience with Selenium Webdriver/MS Coded UI with C#/NUnit (for Microsoft Web Apps)
- Reasonable knowledge/experience of WinAppDriver (for MS Desktop - WinForms).
- Knowledge/Experience with reading/parsing XML data files.
- Good knowledge of MS SQL; writing moderate queries.
- Proficiency in manual testing, approaches/techniques, test planning, and execution.
- Knowledge of version control software, such as SVN or Git.
- Knowledge of software lifecycle specifically those areas related to testing.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server 2008, 2012 and 2016 and Windows 7, 8 and 10.
- Excellent knowledge and experience with web browsers (Chrome, Edge, Safari, Firefox), in particular with respect to testing web sites for functionality and compatibility.
- Experience with issue tracking software such as JIRA etc.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are essential.
- ISTQB Foundation Certificate
- Reporting Services experience
- Experience of interfacing with online payment portals
- Agile - Scrum/Kanban development process exposure
- Knowledge/Experience with VB Scripting or equivalent
- Test scripting and recording (e.g. TestRail)
- Mobile app development, using Xamarin.Forms
- WPF / Winforms
- Azure resource management
Salary will be commensurate with experience and job responsibilities. We offer excellent benefits. Exciting Benefits we offer:
- Market-leading Salary
- Medical Coverage Self & Dependents
- Parents Medical Coverage
- Provident Fund
- Employee Performance-based bonuses
- Home Internet Subsidy
- Conveyance Allowance
- Profit Sharing Plan [Tenured Employees Only]
- Life Benefit
- Child Care Facility
- Company Provided Lunch/Dinner
- Professional Development Budget
- Recreational area for in-house games
- Sporadic On-shore training opportunities
- Friendly work environment
- Leave Encashment