Contour Software is a wholly owned subsidiary of Constellation which is largest Canadian software company. Constellation Software Inc. was formed in 1995 and became publicly listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange in 2006. Constellation is a rapidly growing conglomerate of vertical market software (VMS) companies; each focused upon dominating its respective market niche. Constellation's growth is based on a simple strategy: identify promising VMS firms; acquire them; and then integrate them into the Constellation family while building on their fundamental strengths to help them become world class organizations.
We are looking to hire Interns/FreshGrads to be members of QA teams, executing tasks as part of the test plans for software development. Contribute to QA activities throughout the entire life cycle of the development process, ensuring an understanding of which tasks are needed to support the development team in the production of new features and resolution of defects so that software is delivered to a high level of quality. Contribute to the development of methodologies in relation to quality assurance and follow these methodologies when executing tasks.
The selected SQA Trainees would progress from training to apprenticeship, to potentially a full-time permanent employment role in the Contour Software Lahore office.
- Ensure all code and software is fully tested before being distributed to our customers.
- Create, review, update, and execute test plans incorporating both positive and negative test scenarios.
- Work with developers, Product team, and the Support team to ensure all coding tasks have corresponding test scenarios.
- Generate automated tests to ensure that issues are identified at the earliest opportunity.
- Use test automation frameworks and toolsets to create complex system test scripts.
- Execute functional and regression test cases, log and manage test plan execution, and report on progress.
- Report on defects resulting from test plan execution and inform the relevant development team members.
- Assist the development team with defect investigation, reproduction, and resolution.
- Become involved in ad-hoc tasks as required.
Required Qualification & Experience:
- Essential: University degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, and/or related discipline.
- Essential: Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Essential: A desire to learn new tools quickly and efficiently.
- Essential: An ability to understand and analyze testing data.
- Desirable: An ability to understand and create both positive and negative tests.
- Desirable: Knowledge of Agile methods such as Kanban and Scrum.
- Essential: Must have good programming/scripting knowledge and skills. Object-Oriented Programming is preferred.
Suitable for someone who:
Is passionate about ensuring the best quality software is delivered, have an analytical mind and thinks about different ways to use the system and is willing to ask questions and document the answers in order to understand how the system should work, whilst identifying areas that may not behave as expected.
Exciting Benefits we offer:
- Market-leading Salary
- Medical Coverage – Self & Dependents
- Parents Medical Coverage
- Provident Fund
- Employee Performance-based bonuses
- Home Internet Subsidy
- Conveyance Allowance
- Profit Sharing Plan [Tenured Employees Only]
- Life Benefit
- Child Care Facility
- Company Provided Lunch/Dinner
- Professional Development Budget
- Recreational area for in-house games
- Sporadic On-shore training opportunities
- Friendly work environment
- Leave Encashment