About Contour & Constellation:
Contour Software is a wholly owned subsidiary of Constellation Software Inc. (CSI), which acquires, manages and builds market-leading software businesses that develop industry-specific, mission-critical enterprise software solutions to serve both the public and private sectors. Prior to going public in 2006, CSI won the prestigious "Canada's 50 Best Managed Companies” award in 2005. Headquartered in Toronto, Canada, and with a global presence, CSI's subsidiaries operate in more than 80 different industries in over 100 countries, generating annual revenues in excess of $3 Billion.
Contour Software currently houses remote employees for more than 80 Departments (R&D, Finance, IT, Customer Support, Professional Services and Other) belonging to more than 40 of CSI's 500+ divisions, in 3 offices [KHI, LHE & ISB]. Contour employees are key players in implementing, supporting, extending, enhancing, and renewing enterprise systems that run thousands of medium and large businesses as well as public institutions, globally.
The Argos Software division, a part of the Vela FOG operating group of Constellation Software, has focused on developing specialized business management software for the agri-business, supply chain and logistics industries. In addition to grower software and supply chain management software, they offer a variety of services that will help clients succeed in their planning, implementation, and on-going training activities.
Headquartered in Fresno, California, Argos Software has a "broad and deep” staff of programmers and support specialists. With a culture that fosters learning and creating value for our customers, their staff members are highly motivated, have a sense of ownership, and a commitment to the success of Argos and their customers. They are proud of the longevity of their staff and the depth of their knowledge, both of the industry and products.
Argos is looking to increase its team at the resource center's (Contour) Lahore location.
We are looking for a Senior Software Developer, who will be responsible for:
- Developing new optimal working software solution within the estimated time frame.
- Maintaining the existing software, fixing issues, improving and optimizing the code base.
- Evaluating the effort of the activities requested.
- Managing and tracking time in relation to the set of tasks for each period of work, in order to complete them in the defined time frame.
- Following the company's programming best practices relating to programming and software management tools, such as bug tracking and planning.
- Working in teams when a coordinated effort is needed to implement a set of features.
- Working on customer requests and feature enhancements
- Providing support for the product and work with customer support team, as necessary.
- Documenting the procedures and recommendations for all phases of product tests.
- Developing unit tests where appropriate.
- Creating user level documentation, as needed.
- Code review.
- Code refactoring.
- EDI mapping
- RF process development
- Report development
The prospective candidate will deliver top-level software solutions using our internal software framework in developing our comprehensive Accounting /ERP software package for the transportation, warehousing and wholesale nursery industries. Desired Skills and Responsibilities:
Candidates with no prior experience of Delphi should be willing to learn. Benefits Package
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Computer Engineering or equivalent technical Degree; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Solid knowledge and experience in programming applications.
- Prior experience of building enterprise application preferably in Delphi or C#.
- Proficient in SQL Server.
- Dedicated team player.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Solid ability in both written and verbal communication.
- Knowledge of programming language and technical terminology.
- Able to develop ideas and processes and clearly express them.
- High degree of independent judgment.
- Able to solve complex problems.
- Ability to learn new skills in a timely fashion when required by a project or task.
Contour Software is committed to provide exciting learning opportunities, quality of work, and work-life balance to its employees. Our benefits package includes:
- Market-leading Salary
- Medical Coverage – Self & Dependents
- Parents Medical Coverage
- Provident Fund
- Employee Performance-based bonuses
- Home Internet Subsidy
- Conveyance Allowance
- Profit Sharing Plan [Tenured Employees Only]
- Life Benefit
- Child Care Facility [Karachi & Lahore only]
- Professional Development Budget
- Recreational area for in-house games [Karachi & Lahore only]
- Sporadic On-shore training opportunities
- Friendly work environment
- Leave Encashment