GoldCare is a leading provider of healthcare information management software for community, residential and long-term care organizations. Founded in 1988, GoldCare is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Constellation Software Inc., under the Perseus operating group. Built for long-term care facilities, GoldCare provides comprehensive care and management solutions for single or multi-site aged care providers, and is the solution of choice for 200 residential and community support clients, with 350 sites across North America, Australia, and New Zealand.
We are looking to add two intermediate developers to our current team at Contour Software. Our current team of GoldCare includes QA analysts and a technical writer. We seek to expand our team into a cross-functional agile team by hiring developers. A key mission of the team involves both adding new products to our software suite as well as supporting existing modules. The successful candidates will be located and work out of the Contour Software Karachi office, as an extension of the R&D team located in Waterloo, Ontario Canada.
Skills & Qualifications
- University degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related discipline.
- 3-5 years of experience with Desktop and Web-based applications using any development platform.
- Working knowledge of relational databases and well versed in writing/executing SQL queries.
- Willingness to learn our proprietary development and production/release tools.
- Dedicated to customer service; Help us support our legacy applications and long-term clients with a focus on confidentiality, privacy and security.
- Understanding of product Life Cycle Management.
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills (English).
- Strong aptitude towards business process and logic, as well as an out-of-the-box attitude.
- Strong ability to escalate issues to the relevant teams in a timely manner.
- Ability to perform comfortably in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment, in collaboration with colleagues and supervisors in a multi-cultural environment.
- Self-motivated, quick learner, and a responsive team player.
- Strong attention to details, flexible and highly organized.
Nice to have
- Experience of developing applications using Pick platform using Pick/Basic.
- Experience developing with Python a plus.
- Experience of working with Multi-value database UniVerse or UniData.
- Experience with financial systems; for example, Payroll, General Ledger, Receivables, or Payables, a plus.
- Experience with health care systems, a plus.
- Understand/absorb business domain & product.
- Develop, implement, test and maintain software programs.
- Follow coding standards and QA procedures.
- Improve the performance of existing software.
- Design and update software database.
- Be an active member of a cross functional Agile team.
- Participate in meetings with the on-shore team on a day to day basis and provide active feedback.
- Perform any other responsibilities assigned by the Team Lead/On-shore Managers.
- Clearly and regularly communicate with management and technical support.
Contour Software is committed to provide exciting learning opportunities, quality of work, and work-life balance to its employees.
Our benefits package includes:
- Market-leading Salary
- Medical Coverage Self & Dependents
- Parents Medical Coverage
- Provident Fund
- Employee Performance-based bonuses
- Profit Sharing Plan [Tenured Employees only]
- Home Internet Subsidy
- Conveyance Allowance
- Life Benefit
- Professional Development Budget
- Leaves Encashment
- Recreational area for in-house games
- Sporadic On-shore training opportunities
- Friendly work environment