The Perseus Operating Group, a division of Constellation Software (TSX: CSU), is seeking an energetic, independent, and detail-oriented senior financial accountant to join our finance team at our Contour office in Karachi. Successful candidate will be able to accurately maintain a general ledger, have a strong understanding of the intricacies of assets, liabilities, profit, and loss, and other financial transactions within an organization. The candidate will have excellent communication, business, and analytical skills. This individual is efficient, resourceful, and has the ability and willingness to maintain confidentiality. This role includes ongoing support and knowledge of the business operations, accounting policies, financial processes, and accounting systems. Further, the senior financial accountant will be responsible for, maintaining financial records, reports, and account reconciliations, consolidating overview packages for month-end reporting, and assisting with month-end financial analysis.
Constellation is a publicly traded company that acquires, manages, and grows vertical market software companies all over the world.
- Assist with monthly close procedures including preparing and posting adjusting journal entries
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations
- Research and resolve account discrepancies
- Manage A/P inbox inquiries from internal stakeholders and vendors
- Assist with analyzing financial statements on a monthly basis and report on any variances
- Assist with special projects as required
- Consolidate balance sheet package overview
- Consolidate monthly reporting packages and provide trending analysis on a monthly basis
- Maintain financial reports, records, and general ledger accounts
- Meet processing and reporting deadlines
- Assist the Senior Finance Manager as needed
- Answer accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data
Education and Technical Skills
- The ideal candidate will have strong organizational and communication skills allowing him or her to manage multiple priorities while maintaining exceptional attention to detail.
- Will ensure strong relationships with external vendors and internal customers, maintaining a strong customer service culture and positive attitude within the finance team. Experience with a multilocation environment is a plus.
- Be proactive and eager to contribute and learn, ask lots of questions, and provide solutions. Maintaining a continuous improvement mindset and proactively identifying, reviewing, and implementing process improvements.
Exciting Benefits we offer:
- BS in Accounting or Finance
- ACCA, CMA, and/or CPA
- 3-5 years of industry experience in a finance or accounting function. Experience with an international company is a plus.
- Working knowledge of GAAP, IFRS including the new IFRS 15 and 16 standard
- Highly proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office suite including sophisticated Excel workbooks and PowerPoint.
- Experience with accounting technology including automated solutions and ERPs for general ledgers.
- Experience with Great Plains, Jedox, Concur, banking applications, or other similar programs is a plus.
- A thorough understanding of accounting guidance, including Revenue Recognition and acquisition accounting, is a plus.
- Ability to manage, develop and implement new processes to align with best practices.
- Ability to plan, coordinate and execute the month-end close schedule, including timeline development and preparation of balance sheet reconciliations.
- Effective oral, written, and business communication skills
- Professional interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently and in a team
- Detail-oriented with the ability to meet deadlines, multi-task, and work in a rapidly changing environment
- Market-leading Salary
- Medical Coverage – Self & Dependents
- Parents Medical Coverage
- Provident Fund
- Employee Performance-based bonuses
- Home Internet Subsidy
- Conveyance Allowance
- Profit Sharing Plan [Tenured Employees Only]
- Life Benefit
- Child Care Facility
- Company Provided Lunch/Dinner
- Professional Development Budget
- Recreational area for in-house games
- Sporadic On-shore training opportunities
- Friendly work environment
- Leave Encashment