The Division: Established in 1978, MCR Systems has over forty years experience in providing hospitality, catering and leisure organizations with enterprise management solutions which directly improve the efficiency of their business operations. We do this by combining high quality software, cutting edge EPOS technology and an unrivalled level of experience in providing the best installation, customer training, support and consultancy services. MCR Systems offer a unique combination of skills and experience in the installation of EPOS Systems and Project Management ensuring maximum efficiency and minimum disruption. At MCR Systems we recognize that technology can only be part of a business solution.
Software is a tool, a means to an end, and that end is to improve your bottom line. We have built a powerful reputation for improving business performance by providing high levels of support, both pre and post-sales. The ongoing expert support, training and after-sales backup we offer each of our customers is an integral part of the solutions we offer. The Position:
MCR Systems Limited are seeking an energetic Senior Software Developer
to take on a brand new and exciting role within our busy team. Reporting to the Development Manager, youll help design and build enterprise grade Ionic software solutions to time, cost and quality constraints – all towards improving the user interaction in our Symphony Suite of products.
You will have the opportunity to shape greenfield product and work on full lifecycle projects using Agile (Scrum) methodologies. The individual will thrive in a fast-paced environment, solving complex problems, teaching others and being the technical point of reference for Ionic technologies within MCR Systems Primary responsibilities include
- Analyzing complex software requirements
- Write beautifully functioning Ionic code and plugins
- Define Ionic software development processes and standards
- Help upskill and support a growing Ionic Team
- Create well written unit tests
- Identify product impact and possible implementation options
- Test and review code for technical accuracy, standards, and functional compliance to the design
- Work within deadlines in relation to product release timelines, and consistently complete assigned development tasks in required timeframes
- Work with the team to define and agree estimates
- Responsibly follow planned and assigned task lists.
The chosen individual will work out of the Contour Software Islamabad
resource center office, as an extension of the division-based R&D department. Desired Skills and Responsibilities:
- Bachelors Degree in Information Systems, Computer Engineering or equivalent technical Degree; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5+ years of software development experience.
- Minimum of 1 year T-SQL skills including stored procedure development
- Experience with source control management systems and continuous integration/deployment environments
- Internally motivated and able to work proficiently both independently and in a team environment
- Strong English language communication skills written and oral, with both internal team members and internal and external business stakeholders
- Knowledge of Object-Oriented Programming
- Candidates with prior experience of Java will be given preference.
Nice to Have:
- A desire to improve and have the customers UX at the forefront of development
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to explain issues clearly and simply, both orally and in writing
- Collaborate to achieve team goals
- Creative and demonstrates flair
- Logical and analytical, with a methodical approach to problem-solving
- Accurate, with high attention to detail
- Self-motivated, resourceful and keen to learn and share knowledge
- Able to remain calm and problem-solve under pressure
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer or Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist
- Minimum of 2 years' experience with core Microsoft .NET technologies including WCF, WinForms, LINQ and Entity Framework
- Applied knowledge of various agile and structured development and project methodologies i.e. Waterfall, PRINCE2, Scrum, Extreme programming (XP)
- Knowledge of Electronic Point of Sale (EPOS) systems or Ecommerce solutions
- Experience with Microsoft Azure DevOps tooling