<!a href="https://markinson.com.au/">Markinson is a business software company, dedicated to the creation and provision of innovative ERP, MRP and POS software solutions to automotive aftermarket, electrical and industrial wholesalers throughout the Asia-Pacific region.
As a 100% owned subsidiary of Constellation Software Inc. via its operating group, Vela Software Group, Markinson benefits from a strong corporate platform and international support yet uses its proud 35+ year history of local industry experience to work closely with customers to support the achievement of business requirements.
We seek a motivated individual to join Customer Success Team. This is a customer facing role that spans both support and professional services departments within Markinson. We expect that the successful candidate will have extensive experience in technical troubleshooting in both Windows and Unix environments as well as experience with administration of a major database such as Progress OpenEdge.
Reporting to the Customer Success Manager, our Progress DBA – Technical Support personnel are responsible for working with new and existing customers to provide the necessary technical services and ongoing support for the Markinson product range, related products such as Progress and for the platforms on which the products are deployed.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide technical consulting and support solutions for both application and infrastructure related issues to customers and internal stakeholders
- Provision of support solutions in relation to Progress database and ERP application issues insofar they relate to our customers ICT environment
- Deliver quality technical consulting services in relation to new ERP implementations, upgrades, patches
- Conduct proactive review of the customer environments and provide feedback
- Communicating with the customers on software patch scheduling, deliveries and support issues
- Assist with development and implementation of strategies and goals for the Professional Services team
You are optimistic, driven and enjoy the challenge of working in a fun, fast-paced environment. You enjoy learning from those around you, as well as being able to take ownership of your own projects. You will need to be highly organised, confident and possess the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
To be successful in this role, you will have experience dealing with external customers and have well developed written and verbal communication skills. You will be flexible to work outside traditional work hours to facilitate customer support and patching requirements. In addition, we are looking for the following skills and experience:
Exciting Benefits we offer:
- Proven experience working within a Customer Service orientated role
- Database administration experience within Windows and Unix environments
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Experience with Software development lifecycle
- Market-leading Salary
- Medical Coverage – Self & Dependents
- Parents Medical Coverage
- Provident Fund
- Employee Performance-based bonuses
- Home Internet Subsidy
- Conveyance Allowance
- Profit Sharing Plan [Tenured Employees Only]
- Life Benefit
- Child Care Facility
- Company Provided Lunch/Dinner
- Professional Development Budget
- Recreational area for in-house games
- Sporadic On-shore training opportunities
- Friendly work environment
- Leave Encashment