About Contour & Constellation:
<!a href="http://contour-software.com/" target="_blank">Contour Software is a wholly owned subsidiary of <!a href="https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.csisoftware.com_&d=DwMF-g&c=x11p5RqXHrSOgHizaAgFsWWioFH06oZjh1b4VqrvZJM&r=3IdEDCZ-vPstuhFnyOgwyReY7N_5SOJFIrnh13T5cjI&m=M3_jSGNbsZBjDbs2WY2q77X888vqjNxor0KFuBhXHOU&s=LjvEFy1gDG2tleMlEiHqLn6Nbw5NuUtE7_qNMAe8qP8&e=" target="_blank">Constellation Software Inc. (CSI), which acquires, manages and builds market-leading software businesses that develop industry-specific, mission-critical enterprise software solutions to serve both the public and private sectors. Prior to going public in 2006, CSI won the prestigious "Canadas 50 Best Managed Companies” award in 2005. Headquartered in Toronto, Canada, and with a global presence, CSIs subsidiaries operate in more than 80 different industries in over 100 countries, generating annual revenues in excess of $3 Billion.
Contour Software currently houses remote employees for more than 80 Departments (R&D, Finance, IT, Customer Support, Professional Services and Other) belonging to more than 40 of CSIs 500+ divisions, in 3 offices [KHI, LHE & ISB]. Contour employees are key players in implementing, supporting, extending, enhancing, and renewing enterprise systems that run thousands of medium and large businesses as well as public institutions, globally.
Juniper Group is a portfolio company under Vela (<!a href="https://velasoftwaregroup.com/" target="_blank">www.velasoftwaregroup.com) a division of Constellation Software Inc. ("Constellation”), a publicly traded software conglomerate with revenues of US$4 billion and EBITDA of US$1 billion. Founded in 1995, Constellation has completed more than 600 investments since inception with over 600 offices and greater than 20,000 employees globally (<!a href="http://www.csisoftware.com/" target="_blank">www.csisoftware.com)
We are seeking a qualified Assistant Manager Finance reporting directly to Junipers Group Deputy CFO. The successful candidate will be able to accurately maintain financial records and reports, preparation, and generation of monthly financial analysis reports, and have a strong understanding of the intricacies of assets, liabilities, profit and loss, and other financial transactions within an organization. The Assistant Manager will have excellent communication, business, and analytical skills. This individual is efficient, and resourceful, and could lead a team to accomplish the financial and operational reporting needs of the organization.
- Review and consolidate monthly and quarterly reports: The assistant finance manager would be responsible for reviewing financial reports submitted by various teams or departments and consolidating them into a comprehensive report for management. This may involve analyzing data, identifying trends or discrepancies, and providing insights or recommendations to senior management.
- Follow up on the monthly closing schedule: The assistant finance manager would be responsible for ensuring that monthly financial reports are submitted on time, following up with various teams or departments to ensure that they meet their deadlines. This may involve coordinating with other departments and providing guidance or support to ensure that everyone is on track to meet their deadlines.
- Assist in due diligence audits: The assistant finance manager may be involved in due diligence audits for mergers and acquisitions, working with the finance team to gather and analyze financial data, review contracts and agreements, and provide insights into the financial health of potential acquisition targets.
- Prepare acquisition reports: The assistant finance manager would be responsible for preparing reports related to acquisitions.
- Assist in internal audits: The assistant finance manager would be responsible for assisting with internal audits, ensuring that financial records are accurate and compliant with internal policies and external regulations. This may involve reviewing financial data, conducting interviews, and preparing reports on findings and recommendations.
- Ensure internal tools (intranet) are properly updated: The assistant finance manager may be responsible for ensuring that the companys internal tools, such as the intranet, are properly updated with relevant financial information. This may involve working with the IT department to update the intranet with the latest financial reports, guidelines, and procedures, ensuring that all employees have access to accurate and up-to-date financial information. Additionally, the assistant finance manager may need to provide training or support to employees on how to use these tools effectively.
- Conduct training on financial tools and reports: The assistant finance manager may be responsible for providing training to employees on financial tools and reports. This may involve conducting training sessions, creating training materials, and answering questions from employees. The assistant finance manager may also need to work with different business units to understand their specific needs and provide customized training when necessary. Additionally, the assistant finance manager may need to communicate updates or changes to financial tools and reports to different business units to ensure that everyone is aware of the latest information and can use the tools effectively.
- Develop strong team cohesion through continuous contact with team members in the form of regularly scheduled one on ones, and team meetings. Engage in a process of continuous improvement to use tools to automate as much of the financial reporting processes as possible.
Technical and Educational Qualifications
- Be proactive and eager to contribute and learn, ask lots of questions, and provide solutions. Maintaining a continuous improvement mindset and proactively identify, review, and implement process improvements.
- When not receiving information or support required, proactively, and aggressively identify and escalate this. Dont accept roadblocks.
Exciting Benefits we offer:
- Minimum 3-5 years of professional experience in a leadership role.
- Financial knowledge in the software / IT field, specifically with financial operations and accounting guidelines.
- A strong understanding of accounting guidelines, particularly IFRS-15 and IFRS-16 is strongly preferred, and acquisition accounting is a plus.
- Ability to manage and prioritize competing deliverables in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong communication skills.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office suite including advanced use of Excel workbooks and PowerPoint.
- Experience with Great Plains is required.
- Experience with BPC is a plus
- Master of Business Administration in Accounting & Finance, Professionally qualified accountant strongly preferred, but not required.
- Market-leading Salary
- Medical Coverage – Self & Dependents
- Parents Medical Coverage
- Provident Fund
- Employee Performance-based bonuses
- Home Internet Subsidy
- Conveyance Allowance
- Profit Sharing Plan [Tenured Employees Only]
- Life Benefit
- Child Care Facility
- Company Provided Lunch/Dinner
- Professional Development Budget
- Recreational area for in-house games
- Sporadic On-shore training opportunities
- Friendly work environment
- Leave Encashment