<!a href="https://www.crbcunninghams.co.uk/"> CRB Cunninghams , a division of <!a href="https://www.jonassoftware.com/"> Jonas Software (an operating group of <!a href="https://www.csisoftware.com/"> Constellation Software Inc .) is the UK market leader, providing identity management, cashless catering, and online payment solutions, supported by a national service and support team. CRB Cunninghams' solutions are used in over 3,000 schools across the UK to help them run efficient and effective meal and nutritional programs as well as providing a cashless solution to aid in the payment of those items, and to help reduce the use of cash, and the issues associated with it. We offer industry leading biometric and card-based solutions bringing together, Cashless, Library, Print management, Password manager, E-Registration, 6th Form Registration, Door Access and Online Payment provisions. We integrate with many industry partner providers and we offer fully integrated solutions utilising our ID management platform which also offers seamless integration to industry MIS providers .
We are seeking to hire a Lead Software Developer with experience and expertise in developing robust and scalable solutions using the Microsoft .net technology stack. Working closely with the CRBC R&D team in the UK to help ensure high quality and timely delivery of releases. This is an exciting time to join the company as it plans to grow its product offering into the UK market place and as a result a new team of developers and testers are being recruited to meet this growth, you will have responsibility in helping recruit and locally lead this team once in place. You will also need the ability to work in a local independent team or as part of a co-located team with other UK based team members.
The successful hires will be located and work out of the Contour Software Islamabad/Lahore/Karachi office, working as part of the resource-centre team, as an extension of the division-based R&D department in the UK
The role itself is very varied and will entail:
- Hands-on development in an agile environment
- Analyse software requirements to create technical and end user specifications
- Identify impact of possible implementation options
- Design robust and scalable solutions
- Create and maintain unit tests
- Test and review code for technical accuracy, standards, and functional compliance to the design
- Performance improvement and refactoring of legacy code
- Work within deadlines in relation to product release timelines, and consistently complete assigned development tasks in required timeframes
- Create and defend estimates and help the team do the same
- Follow and contribute to software development processes and standards
- Become a subject matter expert and technical lead in key nominated areas of our systems
- To share knowledge and skills with others.
- Highlight task level issues and risks as appropriate and assist in finding solutions.
- Coaching and mentoring other members of the team.
- Help recruit and lead all resources in the team.
- Minimum of 6 years' experience in software application development in .net environment.
- 3+ years' experience in leading a .net team
- Software engineering-related degree
- Excellent knowledge of Object-Oriented Programming
- Excellent knowledge of Relational Databases
- Excellent knowledge of modern IDEs
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are essential.
- Experience with the following technologies:
- .NET Framework
- SQL Server
- .NET MVC/ASP.NET
- SQL Server / TSQL / Performance tuning
- Testing frameworks such as NUnit and MSTest
- Source control software (e.g. Git)
- Issue tracking software (e.g. JIRA)
- Agile/Scrum development process exposure
- Relevant industry certification
- Experience of any of the following technologies
- Web API
- Mobile Application development
- Application profiling & tuning
- Test scripting and recording (e.g. TestRail)
- Market-leading Salary
- Medical Coverage – Self & Dependents
- Parents Medical Coverage
- Provident Fund
- Employee Performance-based bonuses
- Home Internet Subsidy
- Conveyance Allowance
- Company provided Lunch/Dinner.
- Profit Sharing Plan [Tenured Employees Only]
- Life Benefit
- Child Care Facility [Karachi & Lahore only]
- Professional Development Budget
- Recreational area for in-house games [Karachi & Lahore only]
- On-shore training opportunities
- Friendly work environment
- Leave Encashment