<!a href="https://www.harriscomputer.com/" onclick="window.open(this, '_blank');"> Harris provides mission critical software solutions for the Public Sector, Healthcare, Utilities and Private Sector verticals throughout North America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Follow us on social media to learn more about our company values, culture and initiatives!
Harris is seeking a finance professional to join our Corporate team in the capacity of financial accountant, reporting to the Corporate Controller. We are a complex and dynamic organization with opportunity for advancement. We are looking for someone highly efficient and organized with attention to detail.
As a member of the corporate team, you will be providing support in a wide range of finance and accounting functions. The successful candidate will be a highly motivated team player who is detail oriented and can meet the demands of a fast-paced environment while maintaining a positive attitude.
The successful candidate must be fluent in English and have excellent verbal and written communication skills. This individual will have an aptitude for figures and enjoy working in an accounting environment.
What will be your impact?
What are we looking for?
- Perform daily bank reconciliations – reconciliation of the bank statement against the GL and reconciliation of any assigned clearing accounts
- Responsible for journal creation for bank account transactions
- Responsible for the Administration of the disbursement files from various business units and corporate departments
- Creation of EFT payments through online banking platform
- Monitoring Treasury inbox for requests and inquiries
- Maintain proper records and documentation
- Understanding the divisional operations and how they drive the financial results
- Providing support to the Finance team and business unit leadership
- Provide support to the Senior Financial leadership team as needed
- Participate in special projects
- Identify and escalate potential issues with recommendations to the Team Leader
Exciting Benefits we offer:
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written – Interacting with other departments and various levels of management is essential to position
- Organization and attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications (e.g., Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Ablility to meet strict deadlines
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Experience preparing journal entries
- Public accounting or large corporate experience preferred
- Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains and Blackline experience considered an asset
- Ability to take direction effectively as well as utilize critical thinking and problem-solving skills independently.
- Adaptability to changing duties and responsibilities in a dynamic environment
- Market-leading Salary
- Medical Coverage – Self & Dependents
- Parents Medical Coverage
- Provident Fund
- Employee Performance-based bonuses
- Home Internet Subsidy
- Conveyance Allowance
- Profit Sharing Plan [Tenured Employees Only]
- Life Benefit
- Child Care Facility
- Company Provided Lunch/Dinner
- Professional Development Budget
- Recreational area for in-house games
- Sporadic On-shore training opportunities
- Friendly work environment
- Leave Encashment