Outdoor Power Equipment- OPE is a group within Constellation Dealership. It is recognized as the leader in business management software for Outdoor Power Equipment dealers. Constellation Dealership provides a suite of market-leading software products designed specifically for dealerships. Over 2,000 dealerships across North America, the United Kingdom, Ireland, and Africa, rely on one of our products to make their dealership more successful. We are a wholly-owned subsidiary of Constellation Software Inc.
Constellation Software is a leading provider of software and services to a select group of public and private sector markets. Constellation manages and builds industry-specific software businesses which provide specialized, mission-critical software solutions that address the needs of our customers.
Ideal is a leading dealership software provider for the OPE, Powersports, Marine, Agriculture, Trailer, and Golf Car industries.
The Position The role of the Software developer is to develop high-performing and user-friendly applications and services using .NET platform and C# for OPE initiatives and products through rapid experimentation. The primary focus will be to design and implement software for customers to exchanges data with different modules and third parties through REST API/SOAP/XML. Key responsibilities include troubleshooting and analyzing existing interfaces, coding new interfaces, integrations & APIs, and fixing existing system bugs. The emphasis is on continuous learning and growth, with a strong focus on quality and best practices
The chosen candidate will work out of the Contour Software Lahore resource centre office, as an extension of the division-based R&D department.
Job roles and responsibilities
- Build high-performance, user-friendly mobile and desktop applications
- Code, document, and unit test C#, SQL, HTML, and CSS
- Develop new features and perform maintenance on existing codebase
- Collaborate with front-end developers to build responsive user interfaces
- Participate in daily scrums, sprint planning, and retrospectives
- Execute user stories, test code, and commit to the repository
- Ensure cross-device and cross-platform compatibility
- Participate in discovery sessions to understand integration requirements
- Gain expertise on 3rd party APIs and services
- Execute department-level goals (user adoption and issue resolution)
- Develop new functionality in React and C# under guidance of Software Architects and Sr. Engineers
- Trouble-shoot existing code issues in Tier 3 support role during a night shift to provide support between 7am and 5pm US central time (on an OnCall basis)
- Provide guidance with software technologies/implementations, including REST, rich-client, and web-client.
- Other duties and responsibilities as required
Shift timing: Night shift (9 am -5 pm US Central Time)
Exciting Benefits we offer:
- BS or MS degree in computer science or related discipline.
- 3+ years of enterprise application development experience with C# and the .NET Framework
- Expertise in Microservices Architecture and REST API development.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and attention to detail skills.
- Understanding of scalable application design principles.
- Proficiency in SQL, XML, HTML, JSON, and Web Services.
- Working knowledge of Java Script frameworks, AWS/AZURE, Docker, Kubernetes, CI/CD, and TDD (optional).
- At least 2 years of experience with Agile practices (Scrum methodology preferred).
- Familiarity with cloud platforms like AZURE or AWS.
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Ability to troubleshoot code issues and experience with debugging in Visual Studio.
- Experience in creating API documentation.
- Experience with Java Script frameworks, with React preferred.
- Cloud native application development experience, AZURE preferred
- Market-leading Salary
- Medical Coverage – Self & Dependents
- Parents Medical Coverage
- Provident Fund
- Employee Performance-based bonuses
- Home Internet Subsidy
- Conveyance Allowance
- Profit Sharing Plan [Tenured Employees Only]
- Life Benefit
- Child Care Facility
- Company Provided Lunch/Dinner
- Professional Development Budget
- Recreational area for in-house games
- Sporadic On-shore training opportunities
- Friendly work environment
- Leave Encashment