<!a href="https://www.constellationfs.com/"> Constellation Financing Systems (CFS) is a premier software and service provider of leasing software and loan management software to leading financial institutions, leasing companies and equipment manufacturers. CFS provides a suite of "best of breed” software applications to the North American Financial Services market.
Our parent company is Constellation Software Inc. (CSI), a well-capitalized, publicly traded Canadian software company that specializes in vertical market software (www.csisoftware.com). CSI group of companies is leading developers of technology solutions for vertical markets globally. We are a publicly traded company on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX symbol is CSU). We offer the benefit of working with a medium sized company while enjoying the support and opportunity of being part of a large organization.
<!a href="https://www.selectapension.com/"> Selectapension team provides Financial Advisers with Pension & Investment Switching software, built to save Advisers' time when researching the best Pension Products for their clients. They represent over 200 Pension and Investment products in the UK industry, giving Advisers full market coverage
We are looking to hire a senior developer who would develop high quality and robust software. The role is very hands on, liaising regularly with the Business Development team and senior management. You should be capable of producing robust, readable, maintainable code that is both manually and automatically tested in all target environments. You should be capable of reading and understanding legacy code, updating functionality to fix bugs and make enhancements when required, in addition to developing new applications from written specifications.
Software components should be produced to a high standard that are both manually and automatically tested in each of the environments to which they will be deployed. An Agile approach should be employed, and appropriate methodologies used to support collaboration and manage change. The senior developer should contribute to the development of best practise methodologies in relation to software development and to follow the departmental processes.
The senior developer should also help junior developers when required.
The chosen candidate will work out of the Contour Software Karachi resource centre office, as an extension of the division-based R&D department.
- Design and create new code to extend our existing product, to standards agreed by the development team.
- Contribute to software design and supporting documentation.
- Work as a part of a development team, following best practise Agile principles and methodologies agreed by the Development Manager.
- Research and understand development techniques that help to improve the delivery and quality of the existing and new components.
- Research new technologies and contribute to the technical roadmap for product development as requested by the Developer Team Leader.
- Test code both manually and using automated methods (unit, integration, and UI testing) to remove any defects at the earliest opportunity.
- Review code created by other developers, ensuring that the code conforms to coding standards, matches the documented requirements, and does not introduce defects.
- Ensure code components pass continual production testing and resolve any identified defects.
- Assist QA/support with defect investigation, steps to reproduce defect, and provide a solution to resolve any defect identified.
- Communicate with both clients and third parties (e.g., API providers) when required.
- Become involved in ad-hoc tasks as required.
Essential - Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
Essential – At least 6 years of experience and extensive knowledge of enterprise application development
Essential - Good communication skills, both verbal and written
Essential - Strong experience with C#, C++, ASP.NET, Entity Framework
Essential - Working experience LINQ, SQL Server and Microsoft .Net framework
Essential - Willingness to learn different programming languages and paradigms
Essential - Experience of working with Agile methodologies (Kanban or SCRUM)
Desirable - Working experience of MVC, TableAdapter, JQuery
Desirable - Experience of threading and asynchronous programming
Desirable - Experience of Web API
Desirable - Working experience of classic ASP
Desirable - Knowledge of Jira
Desirable - Experience with financial (accounting) systems
Exciting Benefits we offer:
- Market-leading Salary
- Medical Coverage – Self & Dependents
- Parents Medical Coverage
- Provident Fund
- Employee Performance-based bonuses
- Home Internet Subsidy
- Conveyance Allowance
- Profit Sharing Plan [Tenured Employees Only]
- Life Benefit
- Child Care Facility
- Company Provided Lunch/Dinner
- Professional Development Budget
- Recreational area for in-house games
- Sporadic On-shore training opportunities
- Friendly work environment
- Leave Encashment