<!a href="https://www.a-w.com/us/"> A+W is the world leading software company for glass and windows producers. We provide a full software portfolio for our customers. Our software covers all parts of our customer processes, like commercial ERP, production planning, CAD, production control, machine interfaces, mathematical optimization. We have worldwide subsidiaries and partners to manage a close relationship to more than 1100 customers on every continent.
To expand our Support capabilities, we are building up an integrated Support team in Pakistan. This team will work closely together with our Support teams in Europe and USA as first step with the idea to become the 24/5 shift in charge of managing customer system locks during Europe and US closure times.
Since 1977 we, the employees, and managers of A+W Software GmbH, have successfully developed innovative complete solutions for our clients. Teamwork with our customers and creative cooperation within our company are part of our daily activities.
As responsible managers of the company, we see ourselves as business partners both internally and externally. In addition to the responsibility for our specialist area, we as managers in the team have a common, entrepreneurial responsibility for the success and further development of our company.
We are aware that mistakes are not only part of human action, but also opportunities to reflect on our actions and to improve ourselves. If errors occur, we will find solutions together. In addition, we strive in our daily work to constantly improve our work processes and procedures.
We are looking to hire an Application Support Analyst (L2), with exceptional communication skills - both verbal and written. The individual will be responsible for providing technical telephone and mail applications support to our customers. This will involve answering complex questions on function and usage of our products, troubleshooting, resolving issues with the software and finding the necessary corrections or workarounds to avoid customers locks and ensure that products continue to meet our customers' needs.
Collaboration and team spirit will be also quite important to be able to share and collect in the most efficient way tasks and issues with the other support teams over the world.
Key Skills and Competencies
- Creation of development "bug” reports, working with development to ensure items are completed and properly tested.
- Creation of support daily reports, working with support teams responsible for the customer facing issues to ensure traceability and efficiency.
- Keeping customers informed of the status of open cases, providing next steps and anticipated resolution times.
- Manage customer issues through effective troubleshooting, listening, problem solving, positive action, information gathering and case escalation in a timely manner when appropriate.
- Prioritize, balance, multitask competing issues based on impact to end user, customer urgency, length of outstanding issue and political sensitivity.
- Promote and maintain high quality, professional, service-oriented company image with customers and internal staff.
- Excellent Communication Skills.
- Eager to learn.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong database knowledge and ability to write SQL statements
- Ownership of issues through resolution
Good to Have Skills/ Experience
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in a technical discipline. Computer Science Majors most preferred.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in a similar role (customer application support) - Tier 2 technical support preferred.
- Willing to go the extra mile with a strong work ethic; self-directed and resourceful
- Excellent Communication. You know what to say and more importantly, how to say it.
- Experience working varied hours
- Service Minded. You deliver customer and partner support like you expect to receive it, with excellence
Work Shift Timings:
- Solid software experience in a Windows networking environment. (Windows Server 2016/2019)
- Working knowledge of various scripting tools and languages (MS SQL Client) as well as with database Support
- Previous experience with remote access systems: VPN, remote desktops, TeamViewer is an asset.
- Understanding German would be an asset
- Experience with Reporting Tools (Crystal Reports Preferable)
Exciting Benefits we offer:
- Training Period – 12:30 PM - 9:30 PM (Pakistan Standard Time)
- Shift After Training – 7 PM – 4 AM (Pakistan Standard Time)
- Market-leading Salary
- Medical Coverage – Self & Dependents
- Parents Medical Coverage
- Provident Fund
- Employee Performance-based bonuses
- Home Internet Subsidy
- Conveyance Allowance
- Profit Sharing Plan [Tenured Employees Only]
- Life Benefit
- Child Care Facility
- Company Provided Lunch/Dinner
- Professional Development Budget
- Recreational area for in-house games
- Sporadic On-shore training opportunities
- Friendly work environment
- Leave Encashment