About Contour & Constellation:
<!a href="http://contour-software.com/" target="_blank"> Contour Software is a wholly owned subsidiary of <!a href="https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.csisoftware.com_&d=DwMF-g&c=x11p5RqXHrSOgHizaAgFsWWioFH06oZjh1b4VqrvZJM&r=3IdEDCZ-vPstuhFnyOgwyReY7N_5SOJFIrnh13T5cjI&m=M3_jSGNbsZBjDbs2WY2q77X888vqjNxor0KFuBhXHOU&s=LjvEFy1gDG2tleMlEiHqLn6Nbw5NuUtE7_qNMAe8qP8&e=" target="_blank"> Constellation Software Inc. (CSI), which acquires, manages and builds market-leading software businesses that develop industry-specific, mission-critical enterprise software solutions to serve both the public and private sectors. Prior to going public in 2006, CSI won the prestigious "Canada's 50 Best Managed Companies” award in 2005. Headquartered in Toronto, Canada, and with a global presence, CSI's subsidiaries operate in more than 80 different industries in over 100 countries, generating annual revenues in excess of $3 Billion.
Contour Software currently houses remote employees for more than 80 Departments (R&D, Finance, IT, Customer Support, Professional Services and Other) belonging to more than 40 of CSI's 500+ divisions, in 3 offices [KHI, LHE & ISB]. Contour employees are key players in implementing, supporting, extending, enhancing, and renewing enterprise systems that run thousands of medium and large businesses as well as public institutions, globally.
<!a href="https://proxia.com/en"> PROXIA Software AG is headquartered in Ebersberg, Germany, and develops, deploys and supports Manufacturing Execution System (MES) software to improve the planning process, performance management and KPI tracking at customers in the capital equipment, tooling, automotive, plastics and chemical sectors.
The division is looking for a Senior Systems Administrator, who will be responsible for monitoring and managing a corporate MS Office 365 environment, monitoring and managing on premise servers (Production and QA environments), as well as managing security, backups and desktop support for approximately 25 employees.
The selected candidate shall work out of the Contour Software Karachi office, working as part of the resource-center team, as an extension of the onshore IT team.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Support of end users for hardware or software issues
- Responsible as tier 1 and 2 escalation path for the service desk for the following: Servers, desktop computers, printers, routers, switches, firewalls, phones, personal digital assistants, smartphones, software and software deployment, security updates and patches
- Responsible for solving hardware and software issues
- Responsible for installing, configurating, and maintaining the reliable operation of computer systems, network servers, and virtualization while adhering to network and system security standards.
- Responsible for data security (antivirus, antispam, firewall) and compliance with data security standards (GDPR)
- Perform or delegate regular backup operations and implement appropriate processes for data protection, disaster recovery, and failover procedures
- Install and upgrade computer components and software, manage virtual servers, and integrate automation processes
- Analyze and isolate hardware and software issues/errors by running diagnostics, documenting problems and resolutions, prioritizing problems, and assessing the impact of issues
- Provide documentation and technical specifications to IT staff for planning and implementing new or upgrades of IT infrastructure
- Monitor networks to ensure security, stability and availability to specific users.
- Evaluate and modify system's performance.
- Maintain integrity of the network, server deployment, and security while ensuring network connectivity throughout the LAN/WAN infrastructure.
- Assist Network Engineering with designing and deploying networks and software installations.
- Assign configuration of authentication and authorization of directory services.
- Assist with maintaining network facilities
- Asset management and planning for IT hardware and software
- Associate or Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, System Administration, or a closely related field, or equivalent experience required
- 3-5 years of systems administration, network administration or database administration. experience
- System administration and IT certifications in Microsoft, or other network related fields are a plus
- Working knowledge of Cloud virtualization technologies including but not limited to Azure, AWS, VMWare, or equivalent
- Strong knowledge of systems and networking software, hardware, and networking protocols
- Experience with scripting and automation tools
- A proven track record of developing and implementing IT strategy and plans
- Strong knowledge of implementing and effectively developing helpdesk and IT operations best practices, including expert knowledge of security, storage, data protection, and disaster recovery protocols
- Knowledge of Intune, Azure Active Directory, On-Prem AD, SSO, ADFS, DNS, DHCP, RDG, Client and other Windows based Domain Management tools and Services
- Excellent English communication skills are essential. Must be able to give and receive correct information, explain difficult information in layman's terms and maintain a customer service attitude to all levels of users.
Exciting Benefits we offer:
- Ability to work 16:00-24:00 PKT time zone
- Available to work a swing shift to perform maintenance during after hours in Europe
- Exceptional documentation skills
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Ability to investigate, troubleshoot and resolve complicated technical issues
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail
- Proven analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language
- Available to provide 24x7 on-call availability on a rotating basis
- Ability to work within a diverse geographically-distributed team
- Willing to adjust work schedule to accommodate business needs
- Ability to adapt to different cultures with varying degrees of physical living standards, accommodations, and environments
- Able to sit at a computer workstation for extended periods and fully utilize the PC monitor, keyboard, mouse, and required programs.
- Market-leading Salary
- Medical Coverage – Self & Dependents
- Parents Medical Coverage
- Provident Fund
- Employee Performance-based bonuses
- Home Internet Subsidy
- Conveyance Allowance
- Profit Sharing Plan [Tenured Employees Only]
- Life Benefit
- Child Care Facility [Karachi & Lahore only]
- Company Provided Lunch/Dinner
- Professional Development Budget
- Recreational area for in-house games [Karachi & Lahore only]
- Sporadic On-shore training opportunities
- Friendly work environment
- Leave Encashment