About Contour & Constellation :
Contour Software is a wholly owned subsidiary of Constellation Software Inc. (CSI), and currently houses remote employees for 45 CSI Departments (R&D, Finance, IT, Customer Support, Professional Services) belonging to 30 of CSI's 200+ divisions, in 2 offices [KHI & LHE]. Our parent company acquires, manages and builds industry-specific software businesses which provide specialized, mission-critical enterprise software solutions. So far, CSI owns about 200+ companies , operating in 60+ different industries in over 100 countries.
The Service Desk Support Intern is an entry level position to provide outstanding Tier 1 customer service to our end users. The Service Desk makes it it's mission to ensure we consistently deliver above and beyond support for applications provided to geographically dispersed operating units. You love helping people, are a software whiz and enjoy diagnosing and fixing problems. Be a part of an amazing team that keeps critical systems running 24/7 in support of our organizations directives.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Dealing with incidents and problems in a professional, courteous manner over instant messaging (MS Teams), telephone and via email.
- Correctly logging incidents and problems, categorising and prioritising them in line with team procedures.
- Ensuring all incidents are progressed & cleared – escalating to other internal and external teams as appropriate.
- Managing incidents through their entire lifecycle from the first point of contact through to resolution, proactively keeping the customer informed of progress.
- Maintain and develop own knowledge and skills to assist with first time incident resolution.
- Identify and escalate repeat issues or service risks into service management teams.
- Sharing knowledge with team colleagues.
- Desktop Support / Tier 1 Support.
- Flexibility to work shifts equivalent to North American working hours (Pacific UTC -7/-8 or Eastern UTC-4/-5).
- Ability to follow defined SOP standards for incident resolution and ticket requests.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Requires an individual that is customer oriented and familiar with using desktop software applications such as web browsing and client software.
- Detail oriented in order to capture customer inquiries appropriately.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and command of the English language.
- Active Directory experience.
- Proficient with Windows OS.
- Experience with Microsoft Teams or other Instant Messaging platforms.
- Experience with MS Office365 applications.
- Aptitude in general computer and software troubleshooting.
- Basic networking knowledge.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail
- Proven analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language
- Ability to work within a diverse geographically distributed team
- Willing to adjust work schedule to accommodate business needs
- Ability to adapt to different cultures with varying degrees of physical living standards, accommodations, and environments.
- Able to sit at a computer workstation for extended periods and fully utilize the PC monitor, keyboard, mouse, and required programs.