About Contour & Constellation:
Contour Software is a wholly owned subsidiary of Constellation Software Inc. (CSI), which acquires, manages and builds market-leading software businesses that develop industry-specific, mission-critical enterprise software solutions to serve both the public and private sectors. Prior to going public in 2006, CSI won the prestigious "Canada's 50 Best Managed Companies” award in 2005. Headquartered in Toronto, Canada, and with a global presence, CSI's subsidiaries operate in more than 80 different industries in over 100 countries, generating annual revenues in excess of $3 Billion.
Contour Software currently houses remote employees for more than 80 Departments (R&D, Finance, IT, Customer Support, Professional Services and Other) belonging to more than 40 of CSI's 500+ divisions, in 3 offices [KHI, LHE & ISB]. Contour employees are key players in implementing, supporting, extending, enhancing, and renewing enterprise systems that run thousands of medium and large businesses as well as public institutions, globally.
The Perseus Operating Group, a division of Constellation Software (TSX: CSU), is seeking an energetic, independent, and detail-oriented Senior Financial Analyst to join our M&A Finance team at our Contour office in Karachi. The team's main priority relates to the Due Diligence and Integration processes on acquisitions alongside working on Corporate wide initiatives. This role includes ongoing support and knowledge of the business operations, accounting policies, financial processes and accounting systems. Further, the Senior Financial Analyst will be responsible for collaboration with and financial reporting between the corporate finance team and business leaders and their respected finance teams. This role is an opportunity to be a catalyst for process improvements, oversee all financial matters and be part of a growing international conglomerate.
Constellation is a publicly traded company that acquires, manages and grows vertical market software companies all over the world.
- Support the Finance Acquisition due diligence process of new business.
- Work with all admin teams along with the deals and business teams in understanding the finance policy, organization, processes, and risks of the acquired business and compare against CSI and Perseus policies and best practices.
- Review financial investment models and thesis with Director and Manager of M&A Finance in order to understand investment strategy and key assumptions.
- Work on setting up, evaluating, and auditing the working capital position of the acquired business along with engaging with the seller's finance teams on open items.
- Support the acquisition finance integration and transition services process of the new businesses acquired. Project manage and work with all functional team leads in finance to ensure that all integration items are following the standard documented process for integrations.
- Support the full customer billing process and systems transition for the recently acquired companies from their previous Accounting ERP system to CSI ERP system (Great Plains), inclusive of merchant service transition.
- Assist in documenting key learnings from Finance Post Acquisition Reviews (PARs).
- Support team in executing any head-office finance and audit deliverables pertaining to acquisitions.
- Provide key support for new businesses acquired where finance support is required. This involves managing the overall business P&L for a new acquisition during the initial few months post-close and full-cycle accounting processes including customer invoicing and collections, forecasting, financial reporting and analysis, and corporate accounting compliance.
- Ensure strong controls and compliance framework for the Finance acquisition process.
- Follow and design new standard operating procedures that will steam line post-close controllership and finance operation delivery.
- Assist in the development of junior team members
- Support quarter-end activities and deadlines including assisting with earn-out calculations and acquisition-related disclosure schedules and deliverables
- Assist with special projects for the executive team with respect to the finance M&A function. Use effective project management techniques to efficiently deliver progress for these areas
WHAT YOU BRING
Exciting Benefits we offer:
- University Degree in Finance and Accounting or equivalent experience
- 5-7 years of professional experience from public accounting or a similar corporate finance/accounting environment demonstrating a knowledge of accounting guidance and methodology.
- Experience working and collaborating with an international team, including North American personnel
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation is strongly preferred
- Superior verbal and written communication presentation and analytical skills with the ability to drive useful business insights, ability to think outside the box
- Ability to manage and prioritize competing deliverables in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong business acumen, with an ability to focus on continuous improvement
- Ability to be a self-starter, proactive, and be able to work independently while navigating ambiguity and putting structure to ambiguous problems, and seeing them through to solutions
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills with experience in financial modeling
- Experience with ERP and/or Finance transformation implementation initiatives and projects including an understanding of financial applications (I.e. General Ledger, Consolidation, Billing, and Payment)
- Experience in working through the Mergers and Acquisition process including diligence and integration is considered an asset
- Financial knowledge in the software / IT field, specifically with financial operations and day-to-day accounting.
- Project Management experience is a plus
- Market-leading Salary
- Medical Coverage – Self & Dependents
- Parents Medical Coverage
- Provident Fund
- Employee Performance-based bonuses
- Home Internet Subsidy
- Conveyance Allowance
- Profit Sharing Plan [Tenured Employees Only]
- Life Benefit
- Child Care Facility
- Company Provided Lunch/Dinner
- Professional Development Budget
- Recreational area for in-house games
- Sporadic On-shore training opportunities
- Friendly work environment
- Leave Encashment