Uniware Systems Limited is a division of Jonas Software (an operating group of Constellation Software Inc. and parent company of Contour Software in Pakistan) and is a UK market leader established in 1993, providing EPoS and Payment solutions. This includes cashless catering via Upay.co.uk, customer presence, and online payment solutions. Clients include Motorway Services, Universities (including many Colleges from the University of Oxford and the University of Cambridge, and Kings and Imperial Colleges London), Financial Service Companies and Banks, Law firms, and many other Blue-Chip businesses across the UK. We have provided point-of-sale services to the All England Lawn Tennis Championships, Wimbledon, since 1997. Uniware Systems works with all business types in the catering and retail sectors, and services clients through re-sellers in Ireland & Malaysia.
We are seeking to hire a Software Developer
with experience and expertise in developing robust and scalable solutions using the Microsoft .Net technology stack. Working closely with the Uniware Systems R&D team in the UK to help ensure high quality and timely delivery of releases. This is an exciting time to join the company as we are growing and forging new partnerships with sister companies in our group.
The successful hires will be located and out of the Contour Software, Islamabad
office, working as part of the resource-center team, as an extension of the division-based R&D department in the UK.
A strong culture is part of our way of life. We peruse excellence by looking at what we have done, celebrating success, and being critical of what we could do better.
You should consider yourself a team player who will rapidly forge strong relationships with our product owner and other stakeholders. We will empower you to carry out your role.
We want to retain people with talent and will provide an ongoing commitment to your professional development and training.
Your ideas and passion will be critical to our success and will help us continue to create innovative products and solutions.
Roles and Responsibilities
What will you be doing?
- Hands-on development in an agile environment
- Analyze software requirements to create technical and end-user specifications
- Design robust and scalable solutions
- Create and maintain unit tests
- Test and review code for technical accuracy, standards, and functional compliance to the design
- Performance improvement and refactoring of legacy code
- Work within deadlines in relation to product release timelines, and consistently complete assigned development tasks in required timeframes
- Follow and contribute to software development processes and standards
- To share knowledge and skills with others.
- Highlight task-level issues and risks as appropriate and assist in finding solutions.
To meet this challenge, you would be:
- Minimum of 5 years experience in software application development.
- 3 years of experience with WPF.
- Software engineering-related degree, or equivalent.
- Excellent knowledge of object-oriented programming.
- Excellent knowledge of relational databases.
- Excellent knowledge of modern IDEs.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
You should possess most of the following skills:
Desirable, but not essential:
- .NET Framework
- SQL Server
- .NET MVC/ASP.NET
- REST APIs
- Testing frameworks such as NUnit and MSTest
- Source Control Software
- Issue tracking software
Exciting Benefits we offer:
- Scrum development process exposure
- MVVM design pattern
- OPOS Devices
- EPOS experience
- Relevant industry certification
- Experience of any of the following technologies
- Mobile Application development
- Application profiling & tuning
- Test scripting and recording
- Market-leading Salary
- Medical Coverage – Self & Dependents
- Parents Medical Coverage
- Provident Fund
- Employee Performance-based bonuses
- Home Internet Subsidy
- Conveyance Allowance
- Profit Sharing Plan [Tenured Employees Only]
- Life Benefit
- Child Care Facility
- Company Provided Lunch/Dinner
- Professional Development Budget
- Recreational area for in-house games
- Sporadic On-shore training opportunities
- Friendly work environment
- Leave Encashment