Uniware Systems was established in 1993 to produce EPoS and Payment solutions in support of the catering and retail sectors. Clients include Retailers, Oxbridge Colleges, Universities, Financial Services Hospitality, Stadia and Blue-Chip businesses across the UK.
We are seeking for an IT operations Manager who will be working with our Uniware division. Reporting to the Director of Development, the IT Operations Manager role at Uniware will involve managing the companies IT resources – internal, cloud and Data Centre hosted. Managing & maintaining the ISO27001 & Cyber Essentials accreditations. Providing technical support various teams within the business.
- Customer Services team for support purposes.
- Professional Services team for customer projects.
- The development team for deployment, security and infrastructure projects.
- Sales team for tender responses, sales Demos & trade conferences in a sales capacity.
- Marketing team for maintaining the company website and any technical marketing material.
- Working with the Vesta IT team to assist with internal systems managed by them.
The role will involve key input and direction regarding infrastructure decisions, security processes and procedures and product direction. The candidate will be expected to have extensive experience of owning a commercial customer facing infrastructure and the skills to be hands on when required.
Job Qualifications: Essential
- Day to day management of the production hosting infrastructure, ensuring security, capacity, performance, patch levels and availability are always maintained and planned for in advance.
- Manage ticketing system with Data Centre provider ensuring SLAs are being adhered to by the supplier.
- Management of the SQL servers & Database.
- Monitor service level agreements with both internal and external customers and service providers and monitor service delivery to ensure the agreed targets and standards are met or exceeded.
- Monitoring & maintaining ESET MSP AV and WSUS services.
- Perform regular reviews of security, backup and disaster recover procedures of the DC infrastructure, assessing ways to develop and improve.
- Take ownership of the ISO 27001 & Cyber Essentials accreditations, to ensure continued compliance.
- Manage and schedule external testing for PCI compliance and Penetration testing.
- Provide input, knowledge and direction regarding security procedures, processes and audits.
- Participate in researching and evaluating new technologies and gathering information and feasibility assessment of new hardware product offerings
- Take ownership of and manage the renewal of domain registrations and HTTPS certificates and apply to web servers and load balancer.
- Manage and monitor SMTP relay systems, SFTP transfer systems, Live status and OpManager server monitoring.
- Manage, maintain, and keep up to date the ConnectWise system.
- Providing hands on resources when required to assist Vesta central IT for Uniware office and Staff requirements.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with key customers.
- Be the point of escalation for customer complaints before engaging with the Director of Development.
- Build, maintain and negotiate with 3rd party vendors to deliver financial returns and an improved service to customers.
- Ensures that Uniwares reputation and relationship with customers, service providers and partners is healthy, improving and a prime focus internally.
- Work with the Director of Development to define and deliver an enhanced customer experience with continued focus on improvement.
- To respond to any critical alerts including outside of normal working hours.
- 5+ years experience of managing Microsoft infrastructure.
- Windows. A knowledge of Windows desktops, Windows Server, Failover clustering, Active Directory, MS-SQL, IIS and Remote Desktop.
- SQL to have knowledge of SQL and basic database administration.
- Networking. Detailed understanding of IP networking, routing, excellent knowledge of VPNs, firewalls (firewall / Iptables), and performance monitoring. A knowledge of how to set up and diagnose problems with routing and remote access, SMTP, DNS.
- An understanding of SPF, DKIM, DMARC
- Security. Ability to identify the security vulnerabilities in computer networks and recommend steps to resolve them. Basic penetration testing. Management of company IT resources, endpoint security, data backups, firewalls, VPNs and disaster recovery.
- Remote monitoring. Ability to setup and manage remote monitoring and alerting for Microsoft based servers to reduce downtime for Uniware and customers
- Server sizing. Must be able to make recommendations for server sizing for new installations, and advise customers on network bandwidth requirements, remote access etc
- Experience of remote support technologies such as VNC, Remote Desktop, etc Experience of ConnectWise would be advantageous.
- Ability to discuss infrastructure requirements with clients, making recommendations, and evaluating proposals from other IT providers to ensure conforms to Uniware requirements.
Your personal characteristics will include:
- Formal training in Windows or SQL server 2012 - 2019.
- Microsoft certification
- Familiarity with common email platforms like Google Workspace and Microsoft 365
- Cloud Services (Azure preferred, AWS or Google would be useful).
- Knowledge of virtualization, ideally with experience of VMware.
- Scripting (SQL, Powershell) Scripting for backups, data copies, testing etc
- SQL to have knowledge of SQL and basic database administration
- Experience in implementing IT Quality processes and procedures for e.g ISO 27001, Cyber Essentials
- Full clean driving license.
Exciting Benefits we offer:
- Ability to lead and manage a team in a remote working environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work individually or as part of a team.
- Ability to learn quickly with limited documentation and advice.
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
- Ability to deal with working at home full time and an understanding of the pros and cons involved.
- Logical and analytical, with a methodical approach to problem-solving.
- Ability to remain focused and see lengthy tasks through to completion.
- A team player with the ability to exercise independent, sound judgement and decision making.
- A "hands-on”, dependable, detailed quality conscious and result driven individual.
- Highly organised, and able to multitask and manage own workload.
- Self-motivated, resourceful and keen to learn and share knowledge.
- Have a strong customer service mindset.
- Robust, focused and consistent.
- Excellent communication, organised, motivating and planning skills.
- Sound judgement and personal integrity.
- Genuine interest in raising performance standards.
- Champion for customer service.
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritise effectively when dealing with conflicting demands.
- Solution orientated with ability to prioritise.
- Accurate, with high attention to detail.
- Willingness to apply extra effort from time to time to ensure deliverables are met on time.
- Market-leading Salary
- Medical Coverage – Self & Dependents
- Parents Medical Coverage
- Provident Fund
- Employee Performance-based bonuses
- Home Internet Subsidy
- Conveyance Allowance
- Profit Sharing Plan [Tenured Employees Only]
- Life Benefit
- Child Care Facility
- Company Provided Lunch/Dinner
- Professional Development Budget
- Recreational area for in-house games
- Sporadic On-shore training opportunities
- Friendly work environment
- Leave Encashment