The Perseus Operating Group, a division of Constellation Software (TSX: CSU), is seeking an energetic, independent, and detail-oriented Corporate Billing and Collection Specialist to join our Contour office. The individual will work closely with the Finance Team located in the Karachi office. The successful candidate will Promote an atmosphere of individual and team excellence. Possess in-depth knowledge of the software (Jedox and Great Plains) used to complete assigned tasks. Monitors all aspects of the client's accounts receivable. Provides client support that may include acknowledging customer communication via phone and email, and resolving and responding to client inquiries in a timely manner (48 hours or less). Work with management to achieve corporate goals and under the supervision of the manager.
- The candidate should have strong organizational and communication skills allowing him or her to manage multiple priorities while maintaining exceptional attention to detail.
- The candidate should have strong attention to detail, and possess intermediate excel skills with analytical skills.
- Be proactive and eager to contribute, learn and provide solutions. Maintaining a continuous improvement mindset and proactively identifying, reviewing, and implementing process improvements.
Education and Technical Skills
- Post invoice batches within the sales module and ensure that the invoices are being deferred correctly in GP.
- Process customer account credits, return memos, and cash receipts, and apply them against invoices in GP.
- Coordinate and prepare customer invoices and reconcile monthly invoice activity to ensure completeness and accuracy.
- Coordinates and manages all relevant support relating to customer invoices including executed contracts, purchase orders, and other support material.
- Assist in the regular reconciliation of AR-related accounts (e.g., AR, deferred revenue).
- Ensures revenue assurance for the business by collecting every dollar billed in accordance with the payment terms. Proactively manages the AR> 60 days to prevent bad debt due to uncollected receivables.
- Maintains consistent cash flow and adequate control of the client's A/R.
- Research and correct erroneous payment postings
- Document appropriately any action taken on past due to customer accounts (GP)
- Works to resolve all invalid addresses and phone numbers using skip trace and update customer records in GP.
- Independently evaluates and resolves issues as needed. When appropriate, escalates issues to the AR Manager.
- Maintain & distribute reports such as Cash receipts /Weekly AR reports / List of Troubled Accounts.
- Send out Payment reminders for the business.
- Send out Invoice copies and initiate follow-ups related to past due accounts with the ability to assist with payment options to expedite payments.
- Work with the Corporate AR team on the monthly AFDA provisions and help implement a strategy that reduces AR> 60 Days
- Any ad hoc task or project that the team finds suitable for the candidate.
Exciting Benefits we offer:
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance with excellent verbal English skills is preferred.
- Two years of customer service experience and/or 2-3 years of experience in the financial service industry/Call center/BPO with a basic knowledge of collections.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills. The position will spend 50% or more time on the phone or email dealing with customers in North America and therefore excellent spoken English is a must-have.
- Intermediate excel skills with the ability to run SQL reports.
- The position requires handling of a vast quantity of data of our customers and therefore the applicant should have access to a secure work area, a reliable and secure internet/network.
- The candidate will be required to support customers between the hours of 8 am EST – and 4:30 pm EST.
- Ability to work both independently and as an excellent team player. Must be able to cooperate and work effectively with all levels of expertise within the organization.
- Ability to analyze issues logically and efficiently and address multiple priorities in a professional manner.
- Market-leading Salary
- Medical Coverage – Self & Dependents
- Parents Medical Coverage
- Provident Fund
- Employee Performance-based bonuses
- Home Internet Subsidy
- Conveyance Allowance
- Profit-Sharing Plan [Tenured Employees Only]
- Life Benefit
- Child Care Facility
- Company Provided Lunch/Dinner
- Professional Development Budget
- Recreational area for in-house games
- Sporadic On-shore training opportunities
- Friendly work environment
- Leave Encashment