A market-leading developer of software products for the automotive repair industry; our R.O. Writer shop management system (www.rowriter.com) is currently deployed in over 4,000 locations throughout the United States and Canada. We are currently looking for a senior developer / team lead for a full-time opportunity on our core Midas product team.
We are looking for Development Manager with experience and expertise in developing robust and scalable solutions using Microsoft .Net. self-directed and self-motivated individual with strong technical skills and demonstrated verbal and written skills. This person should have superior interpersonal and communications skills and has experience in working in a team-based development environment involving local and North American colleagues. This person has strong technical skills in order to personally deliver results. Exceptional English language communication skills - both verbal and written – are absolutely required. Working to deliver within a complex enterprise-grade ERP application, this person is accountable for producing high quality, timely, testable and reliable code, including deployments. He or she must be able to perform architectural decisions and recommendations for approval before starting work.
The chosen candidate will work out of the Contour Software Karachi resource center office, as an extension of the division-based R&D department.
- Develop new programs in the .Net Framework.
- Review and rewrite older programs to increase operating efficiency, enhance the customer experience, and adapt to new requirements as required.
- Actively participate in product direction/design discussions.
- Mentor junior developers to ensure they meet development standards
- Working with the on-shore Development Manager to make architectural changes and to design new solutions using various technologies as required
- Work within deadlines in relation to product release timelines, and consistently. complete assigned development tasks in required timeframes.
- Hands-on development in an agile environment.
- Identify the impact of possible implementation options.
- Follow and contribute to software development processes and standards.
- Highlight task-level issues and risks as appropriate and assist in finding solutions.
- Other duties as assigned by the management.
Leadership Skills (Must Have):
- Experience organizing and leading a team to deliver tasks to complete projects.
- Prior experience evaluating team members' performance.
- Ability to coach and help other team members.
- Ability to resolve conflicts within the team.
General skills and knowledge
- Strong English-speaking ability.
- Strong English-writing ability.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and multi-tasking skills.
- Positive disposition, self-motivated, organized and reliable.
- Ability to produce quality work in a timely manner.
Specialized skills and knowledge:
- Experience using Micrsoft.NET (C#)], and MS SQL are required.
- In depth knowledge of Object-Oriented Programming concepts, event handling, and threading are required.
- 7+ years of Windows desktop application development (WinForms), preferable on a software product team.
- 7+ years of experience using LINQ (or EF) and experience with ADO.NET.
- 7+ years of SQL development experience, including modeling and stored procedures.
- 3+ years of proven experience in a technical and team leadership position
- Strong written and verbal English skills. The candidate must be able to work efficiently in a team environment with US counterparts.
- Strong analytical skills, including the ability to develop an understanding of a large and complex code base.
- Ability to write high quality source code and program complete applications efficiently within deadlines.
- Microsoft development certifications a plus.
Education and work experience:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, math, or related area with an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Exciting Benefits we offer:
- Market-leading Salary
- Medical Coverage – Self & Dependents
- Parents Medical Coverage
- Provident Fund
- Employee Performance-based bonuses
- Home Internet Subsidy
- Conveyance Allowance
- Profit Sharing Plan [Tenured Employees Only]
- Life Benefit
- Child Care Facility
- Company Provided Lunch/Dinner
- Professional Development Budget
- Recreational area for in-house games
- Sporadic On-shore training opportunities
- Friendly work environment
- Leave Encashment