POMS , a division of Constellation Software Inc., is an industry-leading provider of world-class MES solutions, POMS is committed to improving the effectiveness, competitiveness, and compliance of regulated manufacturers in the health sciences industries. Based in Herndon, Virginia, we have over 100 systems and more than 25,000 users distributed across 20 countries – making POMS one of the most widely used MES offerings around the globe.
We are seeking a Technical Consultant Intern to support our customer implementation projects within our Professional Services organization. As part of your internship within the organization, you share responsibility for customer satisfaction and project success.
You support POMS projects as a productive team member by participating in testing, recipe authoring and documentation work. You will take part in meaningful work and real-life projects that will help you grow professionally gain experience working with international pharmaceutical companies.
Required Experience and Qualification:
- Support the Project Manager and the project Technical Lead as an effective contributing project team member by assisting in technical and project issues.
- Supported by a mentor and experienced colleagues, you will be assigned tasks within diverse projects.
- Develop and maintain detailed functional knowledge of POMS products.
- Support and assist in design and development of POMS electronic work instructions, recipes and interfaces based on customer requirements and POMS product capabilities.
- Support and assist in configuring POMS products based on customer requirements.
- Support and assist in configuring hardware and software to support POMS product implementations including Microsoft Windows operating systems, Oracle database and other required software applications.
- Support and assist in configuring and modeling customer data in POMS product databases. Assist in data collection, data population and data validation.
- Diagnose and resolve system problems. Modify configurations to improve system performance.
- Author validation and testing documentation to support customer's validation efforts.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by project lead and project manager.
- Commitment to customer satisfaction: you are focused on customer goals and objectives and helping them attain them.
- Strong verbal communication skills: you speak clearly in positive or negative situations, you actively listen and ask for clarification, you respond well to questions, and you are comfortable presenting to a group
- Strong written communication skills: you write clearly and informatively, and you are able to present numerical data effectively
- Strong analytical skills: you gather and analyze information skillfully, and you are able to apply intuition and experience to complement the data
- Strong problem-solving skills: you resolve problems in a timely manner, your decision-making process is data driven, you can develop alternative solutions, you work well in group problem solving situations
- Strong character: you demonstrate unquestionable integrity in every aspect of your work and interactions with others, you consistently model the behaviors and values established by the company, and you respect diversity of perspective in all interactions
- A highly collaborative mindset: you build and maintain partnerships with clients and people at all levels of the company, you actively contribute to team and company success, you maintain flexibility and react to change appropriately, and you communicate and share information with candor that builds trust and enhances relationships.
- BS or MS degree in a technical field (preferably computer science or engineering degree in chemical or biomedical engineering)
- 0 to 1 years of work experience. Exposure to Pharmaceutical, Biotech, Cell and Gene, or Medical Device industries a plus
- Exposure to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP's), Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Guidelines and Good Automated Manufacturing Practice (GAMP) a plus
- Knowledge of relational databases and SQL a plus
- Exposure to Software Development Life Cycle of controlled systems a plus.
- General understanding of Network Design and Cloud architecture principles (AWS, Azure)
- Strong English communication skills (verbal and written)