Enspire for Enterprise provides scalable digital marketing solutions for franchises combined with powerful analytics for decision-makers.
As a Franchise Digital Marketing Agency, Enspire has partnered with over 100 multi-location and franchise networks to support thousands of locations worldwide and clientele includes Affordable Dentures, Seasons Sunrooms, Hand and Stone, World Gym, Rebath, Johnson Controls, Mr. Electric, and Ace Hardware, to name a few.
As a software engineer on the DevOps platform team, your job will be part of systems administration and maintenance. You will be maintaining and troubleshooting the tools and environment that many of the engineers rely on to deploy and monitor their applications as micro-services and micro-UIs.
You will be responsible for helping to educate other engineers on the platform and other aspects of developing for it.
You will be responsible for integrating various tools into a consistent, streamlined experience for developers to operate from time of code commit through the build and deployment, and into monitoring. We integrate industry-standard tools along with custom components to provide this experience: Git/Stash -> Bamboo -> Custom Deploy scripts -> Marathon -> Mesos -> Elastic APM + ELK logging -> Custom status UI. You will be responsible for jumping in and assisting engineers with any problems they have anywhere in this pipeline, even when the problem is their own. The ability to delve through production logs and diagnose the issue is a must-have skill. When the problem is in the pipeline, you will be expected and empowered to take action to improve the experience whether through technology or process, or education.
The selected candidate will work out of the Contour Software Islamabad resource center office, as an extension of the division-based R&D department. Desired Skills and Responsibilities:
- Develop, maintain, and troubleshoot the tools and environment that many of the engineers rely on to deploy and monitor their applications as micro-services and micro-UIs.
- Help to educate other engineers on the platform and other aspects of developing for it.
- Responsible for coding, designing, deploying, and debugging development projects.
- Responsible for integrating various tools into a consistent, streamlined experience for developers to operate from time of code commit through the build and deployment, and into monitoring.
- Working with industry-standard tools along with custom components to provide this experience: Git/Stash -> Bamboo -> Custom Deploy scripts -> Marathon -> Mesos -> New Relic monitoring + Logsearch/Kibana logging -> Custom status UI and you will jump in and assist engineers with any problems they have anywhere in this pipeline, even when the problem is their own.
- When the problem is in the pipeline, you will be expected and empowered to take action to improve the experience whether through technology or process or education.
Nice to have:
- Bachelors Degree in Information Systems, Computer Engineering or equivalent technical Degree; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3+ years experience in scripting technologies desired (Bash, Perl, Python, etc.).
- 2+ years solid experience of developing on Linux operating system.
- Very good knowledge of modern web application development including RESTful web services, web applications, databases, and operating systems.
- Python, Django, MySQL/Postgresql
- Good Knowledge on Python Automation using Fabric to perform system operations.
- Solid experience with Continuous Integration/Deployment tools: Bamboo, Jenkins, or similar.
- Solid experience with virtual machines and containers: Vm Ware, VirtualBox, Docker, or similar.
- Solid experience with Git/Stash, Bamboo, Custom Deployment Scripts, Log search/Kibana etc..
- Excellent knowledge of Relational Databases especially SQL Server.
- Experience with various monitoring packages (e.g. Zabbix, Nagios, cacti, Munin, etc.).
- Experience working with Puppet, Chef or other configuration management systems.
- Experience writing ansible playbooks.
- Experience and deep understanding of working in an Agile delivery team (preferably Scrum) is desirable.
- Excellent, effective and clear written and oral communication skills.
Exciting Benefits we offer:
- Knowledge of Microservices architecture.
- Knowledge of Object-Oriented Programming
- Queueing Services like Kafka, Redis, Monitoring tools.
- Azure/AWS Lambda Functions.
- Upgrade codebase from Python 2.x to 3
- DevOps automation
- Market-leading Salary
- Medical Coverage – Self & Dependents
- Parents Medical Coverage
- Provident Fund
- Employee Performance-based bonuses
- Home Internet Subsidy
- Conveyance Allowance
- Profit-Sharing Plan [Tenured Employees Only]
- Life Benefit
- Child Care Facility
- Company Provided Lunch/Dinner
- Professional Development Budget
- Recreational area for in-house games
- Sporadic On-shore training opportunities
- Friendly work environment
- Leave Encashment