Catalyst Computers Systems Ltd supply a dealer management system aimed primarily at the motorcycle, caravan, and agricultural industries.
We help Dealers manage all areas of their business operations from parts and service, through to sales and finance, with innovative solutions to achieve their business objectives.
To be a member of a Quality Assurance (QA) team of analysts, executing tasks as part of the test plans for software development. Contribute to QA activities throughout the full life cycle of the development process, ensuring an understanding of which tasks are needed in order to support the development team in the production of new features and resolution of defects in order that software is delivered to a high level of quality. Contribute to the development of methodologies in relation to quality assurance and follow these methodologies when executing tasks.
Qualifications Required Essential - Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience. Experience and Skills Required Essential - Good Working knowledge of the English language Essential - Good communication skills, both verbally and in writing Essential - A desire to learn new tools quickly and efficiently Essential - An ability to understand and analyse testing data Desirable - An ability to understand and create both positive and negative tests Desirable - A user's knowledge of Microsoft, Linux, IOS and Android operating systems Desirable - Automation knowledge would be an asset Desirable - Experience with Financial (Accounting) systems Desirable - Knowledge of Jira Desirable - Working knowledge of Agile methods Kanban and Scrum Suitable for someone who...
- Ensure all code and software is fully tested before being distributed to our customers.
- Create, review, update, and execute test plans incorporating both positive and negative test scenarios.
- Work with developers, Product team, and the Support team to ensure all coding tasks have corresponding test scenarios.
- Execute functional and regression test cases, log and manage test plan execution, and report on progress.
- Generate automated tests to ensure that issues are identified at the earliest opportunity.
- Report on defects resulting from test plan execution and inform the relevant development team members.
- Assist the development team with defect investigation, reproduction, and resolution.
- Support the QA team lead in identifying best practices and methodologies that could improve the quality of our software.
- Understand how to qualify the performance of software and conduct performance testing in order to identify bottlenecks and areas of the software that need improvement, thereby ensuring that the software is both responsive and stable under agreed criteria.
- Become involved in ad-hoc tasks as required.
Is passionate about ensuring the best quality software is delivered, have an analytical mind, and thinks about different ways to use the system and is willing to ask questions and document the answers in order to understand how the system should work, whilst identifying areas that may not behave as expected. Competencies
Exciting Benefits we offer:
| Communication || I can effectively communicate with people at all levels both internally and externally |
| Effective || I can work both independently and collaboratively to achieve my goals |
| Precise || I am accurate in my communication and exact in my delivery |
| Tenacious || I ensure that all tasks on a project are seen through to completion |
| Credible || I know what I'm talking about and can back this up with evidence |
| Positive || I convey an optimistic and confident approach to situations |
| Interested || I want to learn more about what the company does |
| Committed || I do what I say I'll do; people can count on me |
| Respectful || I treat colleagues and customers with deference and respect |
| Collaborative || I work well with others to get the desired outcome |
- Market-leading Salary
- Medical Coverage – Self & Dependents
- Parents Medical Coverage
- Provident Fund
- Employee Performance-based bonuses
- Home Internet Subsidy
- Conveyance Allowance
- Profit Sharing Plan [Tenured Employees Only]
- Life Benefit
- Child Care Facility
- Company Provided Lunch/Dinner
- Professional Development Budget
- Recreational area for in-house games
- Sporadic On-shore training opportunities
- Friendly work environment
- Leave Encashment