Whether you are an Executive Director, program manager or leader of a non-profit contact center, helpline, charity, or other organization serving people in need, iCarol (https://www.icarol.com) is here to make the job easier. Whether you run a crisis center, helpline, community program, ADRC, or 211 or other information and referral service, iCarol is there to help you help more people in the community.
We serve over 80,000 staff and volunteers at non-profits and charities around the world. iCarol is the first and only commercially available, subscription based, helpline software management system that automates all the processes associated with managing service delivery and service administration. While iCarol was originally built specifically for non-profit helplines, our solution serves not-for-profit agencies of many different scopes and types who serve people in need not just over the phone, but in-person, on the web, and through live chat or texting conversations.
iCarol has an exciting opportunity for a Software Developer within our Research and Development department. This role would require a technical and creative mindset and a willingness to learn and understand the business processes behind our flagship software (iCarol) for Crisis Help Centers and Non-profit Organizations across the globe.
Reporting to the Manager of Research and Development, the successful Software Developer will work closely with other developers and quality assurance staff (all working remotely) developing and fixing our highly customizable product.
The chosen individual will work out of the Contour Software Lahore resource center office, as an extension of the division-based R&D department.
Roles and responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Use SSMS, SQL Server and other SQL Server tools on the database side.
- Communicate with both internal staff and external clients to ensure software releases are tested, delivered and documented.
- Investigate the root cause of software bugs and fix them in bi-weekly releases.
- Work on new enhancements / improvements to iCarol.
- Participate in daily standup meetings to review the ongoing work and discuss potential issues / hurdles with the team.
Qualification and skills needed:
- 3+ years of professional experience developing software in an agile environment
- Relevant Bachelors degree, diploma, or equivalent work experience
- Experience working with and developing REST APIs and integrating with 3rd party applications
- Experience with modern web technologies is preferred: Vue JS, Angular
- Experience with IIS web server, web application deployment and debugging
- Exposure to Object Oriented Programming concepts
- Proficiency and understanding of relational databases, MS SQL Server
- Flexibility in working off regular business hours occasionally
WHAT WILL MAKE YOU STAND OUT
- Experience with business process in Crisis Help Centers and Non-profit Organizations
- Aptitude and enjoyment for solving analytical puzzles
- Deep experience in ASP.NET and SQL Server
Exciting Benefits we offer:
- Market-leading Salary
- Medical Coverage – Self & Dependents
- Parents Medical Coverage
- Provident Fund
- Employee Performance-based bonuses
- Home Internet Subsidy
- Conveyance Allowance
- Profit Sharing Plan [Tenured Employees Only]
- Life Benefit
- Child Care Facility
- Company Provided Lunch/Dinner
- Professional Development Budget
- Recreational area for in-house games
- Sporadic On-shore training opportunities
- Friendly work environment
- Leave Encashment