Bookassist is an innovative, multi-award-winning industry leader in hotel booking and distribution software and online strategy. Bookassist provides both technology and online strategy for hotels, lowering costs and increasing direct online business. The award-winning Bookassist booking engine is the ideal SaaS solution for reservations automation, with PMS integration, agent/corporate login and loyalty modules. The cloud-based Distribution Manager is a world-class channel manager with dynamic margin optimization and GDS/IDS. Bookassist also provides responsive CMS-based web design, online marketing, and award-winning mobile webapps for hotels on iOS/Android and all major platforms.
We are looking for a Software Development Architect, to work with onsite Senior Architect based in Spain to define and implement migration from current technologies to a unified stack for all products, define & assist in hiring team, help lead team, & implement all of the above timeframe.
The chosen individual will work out of the Contour Software Karachi/Lahore/Islamabad resource center office, as an extension of the division-based R&D department.
Desired Skills and Responsibilities:
Nice to Have:
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Computer Engineering or equivalent technical Degree; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 8+ years' experience of Server side applications & architecture using Java, REST APIs, Tomcat.
- Solid experience of AWS:
- Good knowledge of services at AWS
- VPC + Networking
- Cloudwatch logging/metrics/alerts
- Experience of Node.
- Experience of writing Linux/Unix, shell scripts.
- Solid experience of MySQL.
- Software Build:
- Knowledge of best practices
- OAuth/Cognito/Single-Sign-On frameworks
- Tools to monitor and improve application performance
- English (Spanish would be a bonus), written and spoken
- Agile methodology
- Participate in formation of team
- Understand technical architecture and ability to adapt multiple
- technologies and services to provide solution
- Hotel industry experience, OTA
- PCI, Payment platforms (e.g. Stripe/Adyen/PayPal)
- Ability to take cost into account
Exciting Benefits we offer:
- PHP / WordPress / Expression Engine
- Data analysis (Python/Jupyter/Pandas etc.)
- AWS Quicksight
- No-SQL Frameworks, DynamoDB etc
- Market-leading Salary
- Medical Coverage – Self & Dependents
- Parents Medical Coverage
- Provident Fund
- Employee Performance-based bonuses
- Home Internet Subsidy
- Conveyance Allowance
- Profit Sharing Plan [Tenured Employees Only]
- Life Benefit
- Child Care Facility
- Company Provided Lunch/Dinner
- Professional Development Budget
- Recreational area for in-house games
- Sporadic On-shore training opportunities
- Friendly work environment
- Leave Encashment