The Perseus Group is looking for a qualified Accountant. This is an important supportive role, which will manage daily accounting and reporting tasks. The successful candidate will be able to accurately maintain and perform accounts receivable, accounts payable, journal entry posting. Excellent communication, organizational, and analytical skills are important, and the ability and willingness to maintain confidentiality.
The Accountant's responsibilities include working with the senior resource to create and analyze financial reports, process accounts payable and receivable, manage invoices payments, month-end close processes, and other ad-hoc research and reporting tasks. The Accountant will assist the senior members of the team as needed and respond to information requests by management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- The candidate should have strong analytical skills and be able to work with large data sets.
- The candidate should have strong organizational and communication skills allowing him or her to manage multiple priorities while maintaining exceptional attention to detail.
- Be proactive and eager to contribute and learn and provide solutions. Maintaining a continuous improvement mindset and proactively identify, review, and implement process improvements.
The following are the essential duties and responsibilities, and other duties may be assigned.
- Record day to day financial transactions and complete the posting process within GP.
- Post invoice batches within the sales module and ensuring that the invoices are being deferred correctly in GP.
- Review of AR aging reports.
- Process customer account credits, return memos, cash receipts, and apply them against invoices in GP.
- Coordinate and prepare customer invoices and reconcile monthly invoice activity to ensure completeness and accuracy.
- Coordinates and manages all relevant support relating to customer invoices including executed contracts, purchase orders, and other support material.
- Assist in the regular reconciliation of AR-related accounts (e.g., AR, deferred revenue).
- Assist in the preparation of internal monthly financial statements related to monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting within deadlines and with high attention to accuracy, including:
- Bank and account reconciliation preparation and adjustments, analytical review and variance analysis
- Reconcile the AP and AR Sub ledgers to the General Ledger
- Preparation of journal entries for month-end close
- Process accounts payable by analyzing different invoices and making sure they are coded correctly and posting them into GP.
- Identify intercompany differences and send to local accounting team findings
- Assistance with preparation of balance sheet reconciliations monthly and related reports
- Assistance with preparation of revenue analysis reports monthly
- Assistance with preparation of trial balance variance analysis and commentary monthly
- Assist with quarterly disclosure reporting and templates
- Generates and maintains complete records of all financial transactions following IFRS and in time to meet internal and external timelines
- Implement process improvements to accounting processes and procedures to increase efficiency and effectiveness.
Education and/or Experience
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, business economics, or finance required. 3+ years of accounting experience.
- Familiarity with accounting and corporate finance principles and procedures.
- Working knowledge of GAAP & IFRS is a plus. Strong numeracy and analytical skills.
- Good problem-solving and time management skills.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business processes and technical procedures.
- Ability to write reports and business correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, clients, vendors, colleagues, and the general public.
Exciting Benefits we offer:
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains Database software; Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Microsoft Outlook Internet software; Microsoft Excel Spreadsheet software, and Microsoft Office Word Processing software.
- Market-leading Salary
- Medical Coverage – Self & Dependents
- Parents Medical Coverage
- Provident Fund
- Employee Performance-based bonuses
- Home Internet Subsidy
- Conveyance Allowance
- Profit Sharing Plan [Tenured Employees Only]
- Life Benefit
- Child Care Facility
- Company Provided Lunch/Dinner
- Professional Development Budget
- Recreational area for in-house games
- Sporadic On-shore training opportunities
- Friendly work environment
- Leave Encashment