Vesta IT is seeking an IT Support Engineer who is a team player with excellent communication skills with a can-do attitude. The successful candidate will be enthusiastic about Technology and thrive under pressure in a busy environment. You will be open to learning a wide range of new skills. Have a logical approach to problem-solving with excellent attention to detail.
To work as part of an internal team servicing support requests on a variety of products across a range of businesses. Support will cover Desktop, Server, Active Directory, Networking, Telephone, and Cloud Services. You will be expected to communicate via email, telephone, and via video call to resolve issues within defined time scales in a high-pressure environment. In addition, you will be expected to liaise with senior team members and work as part of a team on selected project work.
Reporting to Infrastructure I.T. Manager the core responsibilities are:
• Manage and service 2nd line support tickets reassigning high-level tickets where necessary.
• Configure client computer systems and assist with troubleshooting issues.
• Understanding of endpoint environments, including support for Windows 8 to Windows 10, MS Office 2013 to 365
• Create and maintain end-user guides.
• Record and document process that include, Problems, Changes and Releases.
• Provide troubleshooting resolutions for Enterprise solutions such as Firewalls, Antivirus, Office 365, VOIP Phone Systems
• Carry out routine maintenance tasks such as end-user patch management, asset tracking, and internal auditing.
• Previous experience in an IT & helpdesk role
• Good knowledge of Networks and Microsoft Windows Active Directory environments
• Hold or be working towards MCP qualifications.
Your personal characteristics will include:
• Ability to work on his/her own initiative.
• Excellent communication skills about technical issues.
• Demonstrate practical knowledge and problem-solving strategies.
• Solution-focused, with the ability to prioritize.
• High attention to detail.
• Self- motivated and keen to learn and share knowledge.
• Ability to meet deadlines.
• Have a whatever it takes can-do attitude.
• Ability to take complex technical solutions and simplify for end-users.
• Have a willingness to learn new systems.
• Promote and maintain high-quality work and deliver in a professional manner.
• Team player