Oracle Database Administrator
Full Time/Permanent ( Second Shift (Afternoon) )
Database Administration (DBA)
Nov 12, 2021
Aug 12, 2021
The Division: Harris Affinity is a subsidiary of the Harris group, an operating group of Constellation Software Inc. The Position: We are looking for a talented individual to join our team in the role of a DBA who will focus improving the efficiency of our infrastructure and availability of our applications. This person will work closely with our US-based DBA to manage and oversee our Oracle database infrastructure. This candidate must have strong analysis and troubleshooting skills with experience managing enterprise class applications and infrastructure.
Harris Affinity Decision Support is focused on providing industry-leading solutions for Cost Accounting, Contract Modeling, and Budgeting. Our solutions are deployed everywhere from critical access hospitals to large IDNs, including clinics, hospitals and health systems throughout the world.
- Work with our US-based DBA to ensure smooth operations for database infrastructure
- Ensure that databases are optimally configured, and work with development team to optimize the use of the database from the application perspective, including query profiling, table indexing, file layout, etc.
- Perform database-related performance tuning and optimization as suggested by statistics gathered, such as improving and revising poorly written queries, rebuilding/updating table indices and statistics, performing database cleanups and archives, reconfiguring default configuration, and other database tuning processes that help to improve the performance of the system
- Setup and manage replication topologies for high-availability
- Manage database security – granting/revoking permissions and ensuring security practices are in place and followed as part of the overall IT security initiative.
- Makes recommendations for the on-going security and dual-control aspects of database control and operation.
- Perform periodical audit of database access rights to prevent unauthorized access compliance with regulatory requirements
- Setup and maintain highly available database architectures
- Assist in leading the technical direction for Database Administration by coordinating and presenting technology solutions to Group Leads, Team Leads, Managers, and the client.
- Design, implement, and test disaster recovery scenarios for minimizing RTO and meeting RPO goals
- Ensure that database backups are current and available for all production databases at all times, testing policies, and practices are in place and followed in order to minimize the risk of data loss
- Participate in on-call rotation schedule
- Assist our customers and employees with application issues
- Participate in the analysis and staging process of application developments, application deployments/installation through a release process, and other various support functions in the system development life cycle
- Organizes large-scale complex DB projects into manageable deliverables and activities
Exciting Benefits we offer:
- Bachelors in Computer Science or Information Technology or equivalent work experience.
- 1-5 years of experience providing Oracle database administration services in the Windows environment and/or Red Hat Linux environments.
- Strong problem solving skills, including the ability to analyze complex problems and create well documented solutions.
- Experience with Windows System Administration in reference to databases
- Experience working in RedHat Linux environment.
- Proficient in maintenance tasks such as index rebuilds
- Experience with instance configuration and tuning and query tuning.
- Experience with database upgrades and patches.
- Experience with database backup and recovery procedures.
- Experience with writing bash scripts to automate maintenance tasks.
- Experience writing scheduled jobs.
- Sound knowledge in oracle standard/enterprise edition v. 11g,12c, 19c
- Ability to perform database migrations/upgradations from lower to latest versions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal skills, and multi-tasking capabilities.
- Ability to work under pressure both independently and within a team, in a fast paced environment.
- Market-leading Salary
- Medical Coverage – Self & Dependents
- Parents Medical Coverage
- Provident Fund
- Employee Performance-based bonuses
- Home Internet Subsidy
- Conveyance Allowance
- Profit Sharing Plan [Tenured Employees Only]
- Life Benefit
- Child Care Facility
- Company Provided Lunch/Dinner
- Professional Development Budget
- Recreational area for in-house games
- Sporadic On-shore training opportunities
- Friendly work environment
- Leave Encashment