Jonas Food and Construction - a division of Jonas Software part of Constellation Software Inc. - specializes in complete ERP solutions for the hospital, retail, winery, moving and construction markets.
We are looking for a Senior/Financial Accountant to maintain our financial records, including purchases, sales, receipts and payments.
Senior/Financial Accountant job duties include working directly with the Director of Finance to create and analyze financial reports, process accounts payable and receivable and manage invoices and tax payments. Our ideal candidate holds an Accounting degree and is familiar with Microsoft Dynamics GP (GP) accounting software.
Ultimately, the responsibilities are to accurately record all day-to-day financial transactions of our company.
- Record day to day financial transactions and complete the posting process within GP.
- Post invoice batches within the sales module and ensuring that the invoices are being deferred correctly in GP.
- Review of AR aging reports, assist in preparation of the allowance of doubtful account provision and supporting material, send monthly AR statements to customers, process and follow up on customer payments.
- Proactively identify and escalate, as necessary, past due customer accounts and recommend actions for resolving delinquent accounts.
- Process customer account credits, return memos, cash receipts and apply them against invoices in GP.
- Coordinate and prepare customer invoices and reconcile monthly invoice activity to ensure completeness and accuracy
- Coordinates and manages all relevant support relating to customer invoices including executed contracts, purchase orders and other support material.
- Assist in the regular reconciliation of AR related accounts (e.g., work in progress, AR, deferred revenue).
- Assist with state sales tax compliance and other tax requirements.
- Assist in the preparation of internal monthly financial statements related to monthly, quarterly and annual reporting within deadlines and with high attention to accuracy, including:
- Bank and account reconciliation preparation and adjustments, analytical review and variance analysis;
- Reconcile the AP and AR Subledgers to the General Ledger
- Update of quarterly accruals and commitments;
- Preparation of journal entries for month end close; and
- Process accounts payable by analyzing different invoices and making sure they are coded correctly and posting them into GP.
- Working closely with the team on budgeting, forecasting and planning analysis for future periods
- Generates and maintains complete records of all financial transactions in accordance to IFRS and in time to meet internal and external timelines
- Implement process improvements to accounting processes and procedures to increase efficiency and effectiveness.
- Undertake special projects and ad hoc analysis as needed.
Exciting Benefits we offer:
- Proven bookkeeping/accounting experience.
- Solid understanding of basic bookkeeping and accounting payable/receivable principles
- Solid understanding of basic revenue recognition principles
- Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records
- Data entry skills along with a knack for numbers
- Hands-on experience with spreadsheets and proprietary software
- Proficiency in English and advanced level in MS Excel
- Customer service orientation and negotiation skills
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- BS degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration
- Market-leading Salary
- Medical Coverage – Self & Dependents
- Parents Medical Coverage
- Provident Fund
- Employee Performance-based bonuses
- Home Internet Subsidy
- Conveyance Allowance
- Profit Sharing Plan [Tenured Employees Only]
- Life Benefit
- Child Care Facility
- Company Provided Lunch/Dinner
- Professional Development Budget
- Recreational area for in-house games
- Sporadic On-shore training opportunities
- Friendly work environment
- Leave Encashment