IndustriOS Software, Inc., a division of Vela FOG (an operating group of Constellation Software Inc.) uses technology and business process improvements to help small and medium sized manufacturing firms optimize their investment in inventory, improve customer satisfaction, increase RONA, and improve profitability. INDUSTRIOS Software develops and markets the INDUSTRIOS ERP Manufacturing Suite, a robust, proven, fully featured enterprise resource planning software suite with successful implementations in multiple manufacturing environments, including make-to-stock, make-to-order, assemble-to-order, configure-to-order, mixed mode and make-to-project. INDUSTRIOS Software also develops and markets the INDUSTRIOS ERP Distribution Suite, a fully featured distribution set of modules designed to pave a path to increased profitability.
SQA Analyst is responsible to verify the function of the software and document findings to support follow up issues with development and release notes. The nature of the activities includes: Preparation of Test Data, Creation of Test Scripts, Testing and Documentation.
Preparation of test data will include the creation of various master files, supporting tables and transactions necessary to support the functionality being tested/verified.
Test scripts are required to ensure completeness of the verification and to provide clear definition of the expectation and standards to be followed. The scripts also support communication back to development to highlight specific scenarios that did not meet expectations.
The testing process involves verification of Add/Modify/Delete/Locate/Range/Copy functions, navigation, data output and updates to various tables and databases.
Documentation of the service ticket supports the following functional areas: Development, Technical Support, Documentation and Professional Services. The documentation supporting the ticket must clearly define the problem, the nature of the tests performed, results and "how to use” scripts as appropriate.
The successful hires will be located and work out of the Contour Software Islamabad/Lahore/Karachi office, working as part of the resource-centre team, as an extension of the division-based R&D department.
Required Qualifications & Experience:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- The position requires a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, or equivalent technical Degree; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Equivalent experience would require one to three years in a comparable role.
- 4-6 years of experience in manual testing with exposure of automation testing.
Problems are simple to moderate in scope and difficulty and require guidelines in addition to the use of judgment to analyze situations or data to review identifiable factors within framework of generally defined procedures and practices. SQA Analyst works with senior members of the team to select methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. The analyst will receive initial instruction on routine assignments and more detailed instruction on new assignments. Peer review will be conducted on assignments for Level 1.
- Strong communication/presentation skills (written and verbal).
- Excellent knowledge and experience with web browsers (Chrome, Edge, Safari, Firefox), in particular with respect to testing web sites for functionality and compatibility.
- Proficiency in manual testing, approaches/techniques, test planning and execution.
- Organization and time management skills. Able to work within assignment timelines with limited supervision.
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues to complete assigned activities.
- Able to use Microsoft office suite of products to support tasks and activities (i.e. Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Introductory level knowledge of Crystal Reports and Bartender.
- Intermediate knowledge of tools to support data analysis (e.g., MS Excel Query, MS SQL)
- Experience with automated testing tools such as TestComplete and/or Ranorex
PREPARATION OF TEST DATA
TEST SCRIPTS AND TESTING
- Update and maintain sample data set used to support sample product group, product demonstrations and basis for test environments.
- Develop test specific data set to support test script requirements.
- Update documentation used to support sample data set.
- Review, update, and complete tickets as per procedures.
- Prepare test scripts to support testing of software fixes or new features.
- Record test findings and update ticket as per procedures.
- Prepare documentation to support technical support, documentation, and knowledge base as per procedures.
- Manage assigned tickets and ensure review completed by assigned due dates.
- All tickets will be reviewed by a senior member of the team to verify compliance and findings. (Level 1 requirement)
Exciting Benefits we offer:
- Update tickets with documentation sufficient to support release notes and user manual updates as required.
- Perform documentation review as assigned to confirm completeness and verify against software features.
- Market-leading Salary
- Medical Coverage – Self & Dependents
- Parents Medical Coverage
- Provident Fund
- Employee Performance-based bonuses
- Home Internet Subsidy
- Conveyance Allowance
- Profit Sharing Plan [Tenured Employees Only]
- Life Benefit
- Child Care Facility
- Company Provided Lunch/Dinner
- Professional Development Budget
- Recreational area for in-house games
- Sporadic On-shore training opportunities
- Friendly work environment
- Leave Encashment