Vela Software acquires, manages and builds industry-specific software businesses globally. Vela is an operating group of Constellation Software Inc., a leading provider of software and services to a select group of public and private sector markets. Constellation Software operates in over 100 countries and dozens of verticals. Constellation Software has completed over 350 acquisitions of small, medium and large private and public companies since its inception in 1995.
The division is looking for a Junior Staff Accountant to work with finance team in Karachi. The duties include processing AR/AP invoices, recording bank transactions and reconciliations related to bank and intercompany. Our ideal candidate holds a bachelor's degree and is familiar with accounting software (Microsoft Dynamics GP).
- Record day to day financial transactions and complete the posting process within GP.
- Verify that transactions are recorded in the correct ledger (AR vs AP).
- Posting invoices batches within the sales module and ensuring that the invoices are being referred correctly in GP.
- Process accounts payable by analyzing different invoices and making sure they are coded correctly and posting them into GP.
- Process cash receipts/vendor payments in GP and apply them against correct invoices.
- Reconciling the AR/AP subledger to the General Ledger.
- Performing weekly bank reconciliation to ensure all transactions are updated and posted.
- Assist the finance team with monthly closing and meeting the reporting deadlines.
- Provide support to finance team during internal and external audits.
Exciting Benefits we offer:
- Understanding of basic bookkeeping and accounting principles.
- Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records.
- Independent with the ability to prioritize and work to tight deadlines.
- Efficient, multi-tasking and goal oriented.
- Hands-on experience with Microsoft Excel.
- Proficiency in oral and written communication.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- BS degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration.
- Market-leading Salary
- Medical Coverage – Self & Dependents
- Parents Medical Coverage
- Provident Fund
- Employee Performance-based bonuses
- Home Internet Subsidy
- Conveyance Allowance
- Profit Sharing Plan [Tenured Employees Only]
- Life Benefit
- Child Care Facility
- Company Provided Lunch/Dinner
- Professional Development Budget
- Recreational area for in-house games
- Sporadic On-shore training opportunities
- Friendly work environment
- Leave Encashment