Constellation HomeBuilder Systems is the largest provider of home building software and website solutions in North America. With numerous award-winning products, Constellation HomeBuilder Systems has helped over 2,800 customers manage their information technology costs from websites and lead management, to purchasing, accounting, production, warranty, and service. With a comprehensive suite of fully integrated software, Constellation is the most innovative solution in the home building industry today. Our Enterprise division requires an IT Infrastructure Specialist to join the Karachi team.
The IT Infrastructure Specialist is a person with strong hands-on IT Systems Administration skills and superior interpersonal skills and senior-level experience in pro-actively managing a software development environment. This person demonstrates:
a) The hands-on capabilities and experiences to allow them to perform a wide range of IT Infrastructure Management tasks, on a day-to-day basis, with minimal supervision and a high degree of accuracy for mission-critical needs.
b) A strength of communication skill that relates well with Business Unit IT management, covering technology directions, the controls, and how solutions will evolve to meet the future needs of internal R&D.
This person demonstrates tenacity, flexibility, and an attention to detail that ensures software/hardware environments are ready for operational use upon release. The selected candidate shall perform hands-on daily tasks while also routinely performing proactive analysis and communication with senior management with regard to capacity planning, disaster recovery, and other such infrastructure decisions, covering quality, robustness, cost and other criteria.
- Establish and maintain virtual machines and servers for development and QA across the product lines, taking into account current needs and future growth.
- Optimize the use of existing computing resources, including cost-effective proposals as expansion needs dictate.
- Operate and manage backup processes for internal and cloud-based computing environments, including carrying out disaster recovery initiatives in these environments.
- Troubleshoot customer technology issues that may pertain to hardware, networking, or software.
- Capacity plan, support, and document locally hosted and cloud-based infrastructure environments.
- Proactively plan and apply software upgrades on internal servers.
- Support the operations of Azure DevOps and ensure its operation is sufficiently resilient.
- Manage the allocation of internal use software licenses for the R&D division.
- Help/consult in other IT related activities and controls as assigned by management.
- Install Homebuilder software products in an efficient, structured, and repeatable manner
- Occasional helpdesk support to off-shore R&D staff
Exciting Benefits we offer:
- General skills and knowledge
- Superior verbal presentation, written, and listening English communication skills with colleagues and management
- Excellent problem solving, analytical, and multi-tasking skills while working effectively with others under pressure
- Flexible, organized, detail-oriented, and responsive person with a customer-oriented disposition
- Self-directed and consistently motivated
- Quick learner with a passion for continuous learning and applying how technology trends can be of benefit
- Open to new learning curves on Cloud and ERP deployments
- Specialized skills and knowledge
- 5 to 7 years of hands-on skill in:
- Building virtual machines, physical servers, maintaining systems software and the suite of Microsoft and Linux operating systems behind cloud-based load-balancers. Deployments of IaaS, PaaS, SaaS based solutions. Tracking and managing IT assets.
- Microsoft technologies around 80 to 90% and Linux distributions 10 to 20%.
- Migration projects with strategies to minimize downtime.
- Evaluating and identifying IT security issues and providing solutions. Understanding of how to implement SSL/TLS for applications.
- Knowledge of Azure Active Directory, On-Prem AD, SSO, SMTP, ADFS, DNS, DHCP, RDG, Client and other Windows based Domain Management tools and Services
- Operating IT environments including backup and recovery activity
- Microsoft SQL Server, FCI and AO-AG troubleshooting and maintenance
- Experience with infrastructure monitoring tools and knows their deployment, configurations, and reporting.
- Good knowledge of firewalls, load-balancers, LAN/WAN technologies and VPN (Palo Alto is preferred)
- Knowledge of the cloud computing options that are available, including popular cloud computing platforms (like Azure, AWS), and the processes to follow with hosting providers
- Experience working with onshore and offshore colleagues
- Hands-on skill with Azure DevOps, SharePoint, handle partner subscriptions, licensing, and renewals.
- Hands-on experience of PowerShell, BASH etc. scripting
- Knowledge about Palo Alto firewall is a plus
- Education and work experience
- Bachelors degree in computer science, engineering, math, or related area with an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Microsoft and ITIL certifications are assets.
- Market-leading Salary
- Medical Coverage – Self & Dependents
- Parents Medical Coverage
- Provident Fund
- Employee Performance-based bonuses
- Home Internet Subsidy
- Conveyance Allowance
- Profit Sharing Plan [Tenured Employees Only]
- Life Benefit
- Child Care Facility
- Company Provided Lunch/Dinner
- Professional Development Budget
- Recreational area for in-house games
- Sporadic On-shore training opportunities
- Friendly work environment
- Leave Encashment