Zurple & Z57 are two of the ever-growing number of product divisions under the Real Estate vertical of Constellation Software Inc. Zurple provides thousands of Realtors with a robust marketing automation platform. Z57 is an innovative real estate marketing company, with a product specifically for agents, teams, and small to mid-size offices focused on an online and social media presence.
As a Sr. Software Developer, you will be responsible to design flexible and scalable solutions, and work on some of the most complex challenges in computing by utilizing skills in data structures, algorithms, and object-oriented programming. Coming to Z57 gives you the opportunity to work on a small development team focused on developing real estate tools where your individual contributions will have a large impact. We are looking for engineers who move fast, can break down and solve complex problems, and have a strong will to get things done. Engineers at Z57 work on real world problems, own their systems end to end and influence the direction of our technology that impacts our long-term success.
The successful hire will be located and work out of the Contour Software Lahore office, working as part of the resource-center team, as an extension of the division-based R&D department.
- Provide ongoing maintenance, support and enhancements in existing systems and platforms
- Collaborate cross-functionally with project manager, QA and other software engineers to solve engineering problems
- Provide recommendations for continuous improvement
- Work alongside other engineers on the team to improve technology and consistently apply best practices.
- Document all work in project management system and track time spent on each task (we use unfuddle)
- Participate in daily scrum, sprint planning and code reviews
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering or related technical discipline
- 5 years+ of experience developing web-based applications
- 5 years+ of professional coding experience with the following languages: PHP, MySQL, HTML and CSS
- Strong DevOps focus and experience building, deploying and supporting infrastructure with cloud technologies
- Experience with test-driven development and automated testing frameworks
- Experience with Scrum/Agile development methodologies
- Capable of delivering on multiple competing priorities with little supervision
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with Git and subversion for source control management
- Strong, object-oriented design and coding skills using PHP
- Experience with other scripting languages (besides PHP): python, perl and bash
- Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, and relational databases
- Ability to effectively articulate and document technical challenges and solutions
- Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
- Excellent knowledge of the Linux operating system
- Experience working with relational database systems such as MySQL or PostgreSQL
- Expert SQL Knowledge and ability to tune queries for high performance
- Ability to analyze logs using Linux command-line utilities
- Prior experience with ColdFusion (for legacy systems)
- Experience with NetSuite customizations (Suite Script/Workflows)
- Experience with WordPress: theme customizations, plugin customizations and working knowledge of the CMS
- Significant experience in building web applications from scratch using PHP
- Experience with monitoring technologies like Nagios, Ganglia, etc.
- Experience with infrastructure automation technologies like Docker, Vagrant, etc.
- Experience with building APIs and services using REST, SOAP, etc.
- Experience with Oracle (legacy application)
Exciting Benefits we offer:
- Market-leading Salary
- Medical Coverage – Self & Dependents
- Parents Medical Coverage
- Provident Fund
- Employee Performance-based bonuses
- Home Internet Subsidy
- Conveyance Allowance
- Profit Sharing Plan [Tenured Employees Only]
- Life Benefit
- Child Care Facility
- Company Provided Lunch/Dinner
- Professional Development Budget
- Recreational area for in-house games
- Sporadic On-shore training opportunities
- Friendly work environment
- Leave Encashment