Dealer Information Systems Corporation, a division of Constellation Software Inc. the leading supplier of Business Systems for the heavy equipment dealership market, is building and expanding a team whose focus is on new development working with the latest technologies. Its primary focus is on developing easy to use applications that are self-learnable.
Following set of technologies are part of the mix: Java, Spring Boot, Grails, Groovy, Hibernate, Vue JS, and Objective C. For data storage and retrieval, PostgreSQL server is primarily used.
Client Corp is part of Constellation Software Inc. (CSI) group of companies – publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol CSU.
We are looking for a Software Development Manager. As a Software Development Manager, you will leverage your technical leadership and people management skills to guide a team of engineers. You will be responsible for hiring developers and growing your existing team. You will help define new features, provide high level estimate, and own the end-to-end development process and overall quality of the final product. Specially, you will need to fully understand and enforce software engineering best practices including general coding standards, code reviews, source control management, automated build processes, refactoring legacy code, profiling, code analysis and unit testing
In this position you will provide both strategic and tactical oversight and be responsible for building a best-in-class development team that delivers high quality Enterprise software that fully meet business requirements and can operate at scale. The right candidate will thrive in a fast-paced environment and enjoy the challenge of working through complex and ambiguous problems. Good communication and interpersonal skills are a must.
Primary Responsibilities Include
• Collaborate in a team environment across multiple scientific and engineering disciplines, making the architectural trade-offs required to rapidly deliver software solutions.
• Develop software for a variety of consumer devices, including windows desktop and mobile.
• Write clean readable code, debug complex problems that span systems, prioritize ruthlessly and get things done with a high level of efficiency.
• Manage a team of 20 or more software engineers working on Enterprise Dealership applications.
• Provide team guidance, regular feedback, education, coaching and mentoring.
• Perform regular code reviews and improve the software engineering quality of the team.
• Create career development plans, manage performance, write performance reviews, and recruit new software engineers.
The chosen individual will work out of the Contour Software Lahore resource center office, as an extension of the division-based R&D department.
Desired Skills And Responsibilities
• Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Computer Engineering or equivalent technical Degree; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• 5+ years' experience building Enterprise applications.
• 2+ years' experience managing software engineers.
• Proven track record of professional software development, including shipping one or more products on large code bases that span platforms and tools.
• Problem solving and optimization ability.
• Communication skills and demonstrated experience working across disciplines to drive solutions.
• Strong object-oriented design and clean code programming experience in Java.
• Strong competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design optimized for large-scale distributed software systems.
• Background in architect level roles and in working with product management on defining and building business systems.
• Deep knowledge and understanding of Enterprise applications requirements.
Nice to Have:
• Experience leading Waterfall, SCRUM and Kan Ban teams.
• Experience with distributed version controls such as GIT.
• 2-3 years SaaS and mobile development experience using Xamarin, and native iOS and Android etc..
Exciting Benefits we offer: