ProShip, Inc. is the most trusted global provider of automated multi-carrier shipping software. ProShip empowers its customers to ship at lightning speeds, stay carrier compliant 24/7/365 and build stronger-than-ever customer revenue streams. With over a decade of enterprise experience in the shipping and supply chain industry, ProShip's time-tested technology and advanced functionality continues to remain unmatched. Customers who choose ProShip, choose the number one in speed, compliance, reliability, and experience.
We are looking for an ambitious, self-motivated Software Developers for our Development Team. ProShip's software is used by some of the biggest companies in the US. The R&D department and team of Software Developers are leading key projects to modernize our technology and support our expansion into the global market. The Software Developer will be part of a small, dynamic development team working with onshore and offshore colleagues, and work on a variety of projects.
This is a great opportunity for someone who is driven and wants to join a stable, long-term organization experiencing hyper-growth due to positive trends in the e-commerce and logistics industries. The hired person shall work out of the Contour Software Karachi resource center office, as an extension of ProShip's R&D department and will be part of the local sub-team.
Primary responsibilities include but not limited to:
The chosen individual will work out of the Contour Software Karachi resource center office, as an extension of the division-based R&D department.
- Design and create new code to convert our existing product, to standards agreed by the development team using C# .Net
- Contribute to software design and supporting documentation.
- Work as a part of a development team, following agile methodizes agreed by the team.
- Understand the development techniques that relate to the delivery of the existing and new products.
- Review code created/editing by other developers, ensuring that the code conforms to coding standards, matches the documented requirements, and does not introduce defects.
- Test code both manually and using automated methods e.g. unit tests to remove any defects at the earliest opportunity.
- Work with QA team to ensure features and defect resolutions match corresponding test scenarios.
- Ensure code components pass continual delivery testing and resolve any identified defects.
- Follow agreed and documented coding best practices, ensuring full understanding and development requirements.
- Assist QA/support with defect investigation, steps to reproduce defect, and provide a solution to resolve any defect identified.
- Become involved in ad-hoc tasks as required
Required Qualifications & Skills:
Exciting Benefits we offer:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent professional experience.
- 4 to 8 years of strong experience of C#.Net Framework.
- Experience with Unit Testing frameworks.
- Experience of working with Agile methodologies (Kanban or SCRUM).
- Strong English communication skills, written and verbal.
- Familiarity with a variety of RDMS platforms, including MYSQL, Oracle, or SQL Server.
- Experience converting legacy systems to modern UI or C#.Net based solutions is desired.
- Experience with function programming methodologies is desired.
- Experience with VB6 is desired.
- Market-leading Salary
- Medical Coverage – Self & Dependents
- Parents Medical Coverage
- Provident Fund
- Employee Performance-based bonuses
- Home Internet Subsidy
- Conveyance Allowance
- Profit Sharing Plan [Tenured Employees Only]
- Life Benefit
- Child Care Facility
- Company Provided Lunch/Dinner
- Professional Development Budget
- Recreational area for in-house games
- Sporadic On-shore training opportunities
- Friendly work environment
- Leave Encashment