Founded by Chris Wilson in Vancouver, Canada in 1997, Function Point is a leading provider of online project management software for agencies and creative teams. What started as a platform that automated pricing calculations soon grew to become an award-winning all-in-one web project management solution, enabling agencies to consistently deliver client work on time and on budget. Our mission has always been to develop finance-first online project management solutions that empower our customers to quickly gauge the health of projects, help eliminate over-servicing and maximize efficiencies with their clients. We believe in building real relationships with our customers so that we can better understand their barriers and drivers for growth. Together, it's our shared mission to help make creative teams positively productive.
We are looking for a Senior Software Developer or Architect, with a focus on UI modernization and frontend development. This role requires technical leadership skills and will focused on designing and developing product features and third-party integrations.
Primary responsibilities include:
The chosen individual will work out of the Contour Software Lahore/Karachi resource center office, as an extension of the division-based R&D department.
- Develop high-quality software design and architecture
- Identify, prioritize and execute tasks in the software development life cycle
- Develop tools and applications by producing clean, efficient code
- Automate tasks through appropriate tools and scripting
- Mentor junior software developers on design patterns and development best practices
- Collaborate with the rest of the engineering and Product team to design, develop & launch new features.
- Troubleshoot and fix software defects
- Create and maintain unit tests
- Participate in daily standups, demos, and retrospective meetings
Nice to Have:
- Master's/Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems or Software Engineering or Software Development, or equivalent experience
- Strong knowledge of computer science fundamentals including object-oriented design, data structures and algorithms
- 6+ years of total hands-on experience in software application development
- 5+ years of strong front-end development experience using Node JS & Angular or similar frontend JS frameworks
- Experience with WordPress.
- 3+ years of experience building or working with REST APIs
- 3+ years of PHP Development experience (version 5 and above)
- Experience using Git and automation build tools
- 2+ years of experience in Linux
- Prior experience of Rx JS.
Exciting Benefits we offer:
- Experience with continuous integration and continuous deployment (CICD) technologies and best practices
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (EC2, ECS, RDS, S3, Lambda, DynamoDB) & cloud platform technologies
- Experience in communicating with other teams to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs
- Experience influencing software engineering best practices within your team
- Experience using Docker and containers
- AWS Certifications
- Familiarity with Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) products
- Familiarity with Project Management and CRM software
- Market-leading Salary
- Medical Coverage – Self & Dependents
- Parents Medical Coverage
- Provident Fund
- Employee Performance-based bonuses
- Home Internet Subsidy
- Conveyance Allowance
- Profit Sharing Plan [Tenured Employees Only]
- Life Benefit
- Child Care Facility
- Company Provided Lunch/Dinner
- Professional Development Budget
- Recreational area for in-house games
- Sporadic On-shore training opportunities
- Friendly work environment
- Leave Encashment