Contour Software has grown from a dozen people to a 1,000-employee organization in its 11th year.
As a subsidiary of Constellation Software Inc., we are proud to be part of a global enterprise software conglomerate that has grown to become the largest Canadian software company, with employees and customers in 100+ countries. With a broad-based and ever-growing portfolio of market-leading, vertical-market enterprise solutions covering more than 90 industry domains in predominantly mature markets, CSI's recipe creates the perfect environment for professionals to build fulfilling, long-term careers.
What started as a development center, has progressed into a Global Centre serving all functions and departments, at the divisional as well as operating group/corporate level.
While local projects and acquisitions are now also being evaluated, today Contour employees, located in Karachi, Lahore & Islamabad, are serving CSI divisions located in time zones spanning the globe, from Sydney to Vancouver. With mature yet growing service lines, as well as some post-pilot stage services, and the global growth of Constellation as the wind in our sails, we are only just getting started!
As Manager SQA Services, the hired candidate shall support the senior management to sustain, build and manage the resource center's 2nd largest (QA) service line.
This position reports to the Director SQA Services, and under his supervision serves the R&D Department Managers and QA Leads/Managers of all Divisions served by the Resource Centre, for this service line.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform the technical skills analysis component of recruitment activities for the department, marking tests, writing up evaluations, and ensuring a steady flow of evaluation artefacts to the HR team.
- Provide assistance in performing routine personnel management activities to improve employee satisfaction, performance, and professional development. Specifically, this includes preparing minutes of key meetings, at a language quality level sufficient for sharing with native speakers, thus ensuring a steady flow of communication for the Director, with onshore management.
- Fine-tune divisions' personnel requirements, to help with recruitment efforts.
- Work to remain abreast with the latest trends and gain technical knowledge relevant to the service line, involving various Software Quality and Management tools, technologies, processes, practices and methodologies.
- Actively coordinate and support the non-technical skills analysis component of recruitment activities for the department, in collaboration with the HR department.
- Facilitate software technology stack and process knowledge sharing and training initiatives across teams within the service line, via planned sessions, team-level interactions, as well as via management of the Intranet portal, as per the Director's direction.
- Provide assistance to document and utilize service line success stories, by incorporating them into business development artefacts, in order to grow the service line.
- Ultimately contribute to and gain growth from the service quality, employee retention, and business growth targets of the service line.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Service Line/Departmental Cumulative Reviews Score
- Departmental Retention Percentage
- Service Line Growth Rate
Exciting Benefits we offer:
- University degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
- Management education (MBA/BBA or other) or equivalent experience.
- At least 8 years' experience performing in a functional role in the software QA industry, ideally as a hands-on practitioner of Automation and Manual Testing.
- At least 5 years' experience performing in a team lead or team management role, involving
- delivery of technical mentorship and personnel management oversight to senior, intermediate and junior level resources;
- responsibility for delivery on individual and overall team tasks, goals and deadlines;
- performance of a decision-making role in technical recruitment and selection activities;
Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to present ideas and proposals in a succinct and persuasive manner, at varying levels of abstraction, to technical, managerial and client audiences.
- Market-leading Salary
- Medical Coverage – Self & Dependents
- Parents Medical Coverage
- Provident Fund
- Employee Performance-based bonuses
- Home Internet Subsidy
- Conveyance Allowance
- Profit-Sharing Plan [Tenured Employees Only]
- Life Benefit
- Child Care Facility
- Company Provided Lunch/Dinner
- Professional Development Budget
- Recreational area for in-house games
- Sporadic On-shore training opportunities
- Friendly work environment
- Leave Encashment