Harris Local Government is a division of Harris Computer Corporation and its parent company, Constellation Software, which serves over 125,000 customers in over 100 countries relying on its innovative public and private sector software solutions.
Harris Local Government has empowered public sector leaders by providing specialized, mission-critical software designed specifically to meet their fund accounting, human resources, regulatory, and billing needs. Our portfolio of innovative solutions combined with our staffs extensive experience allows us to help our clients revolutionize their internal processes so they can serve their communities better.
We are looking for a Data Conversion Specialist, to join our team to work closely with a group of talented SmartFusion Professional Services Team, and report to the Professional Services Manager. In the key role of interpreting business rules and data, our customers will rely on your skills and knowledge to migrate data from various systems.
Primary responsibilities include:
The chosen individuals will work out of the Contour Software Lahore/Karachi/Islamabad resource center office, as an extension of the division-based R&D department.
- Document customer data requirements and work with the project management team to determine out of scope items.
- Develop/test/execute data conversion routines within an established conversion framework in a timely and accurate manner.
- Develop and maintain internal and customer-facing conversion documentation.
- Convert data from multiple data sources into Microsoft SQL Server.
- Create Complex T-SQL scripts with limited assistance
- Verify data integrity and identify data cleanliness issues.
- Reconcile converted data to ensure accuracy.
- Communicate effectively with management.
- Develop good working relationships with departmental staff in order to troubleshoot technical and functional issues that may arise during the implementation process.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
Exciting Benefits we offer:
- Bachelors Degree, preferably in a technical discipline. Computer Science Majors most preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- General working knowledge of western accounting and billing data and practices
- Strong Microsoft SQL scripting skills, not so much database management skills
- Strong knowledge of Windows PowerShell scripting
- Experience in migrating/converting data
- Market-leading Salary
- Medical Coverage – Self & Dependents
- Parents Medical Coverage
- Provident Fund
- Employee Performance-based bonuses
- Home Internet Subsidy
- Conveyance Allowance
- Profit Sharing Plan [Tenured Employees Only]
- Life Benefit
- Child Care Facility
- Company Provided Lunch/Dinner
- Professional Development Budget
- Recreational area for in-house games
- Sporadic On-shore training opportunities
- Friendly work environment
- Leave Encashment