A market-leading developer of software products for the automotive repair industry; our R.O. Writer shop management system (www.rowriter.com) is currently deployed in over 4,000 locations throughout the United States and Canada. We are currently looking for a senior developer for a full-time opportunity on our core Midas product team.
The .NET Developer is a talented, self-directed and self-motivated individual with strong technical skills and demonstrated verbal and written skills. This person should have superior interpersonal and communications skills and has experience in working in a team-based development environment involving local and North American colleagues. This person has strong technical skills in order to personally deliver results. Exceptional English language communication skills - both verbal and written are absolutely required.
Working to deliver within a complex enterprise-grade ERP application, this person is accountable for producing high quality, timely, testable and reliable code, including deployments. This individual must be a self-starter and be willing to work within a team of other Agile developers. He or she must be able to perform basic architectural decisions and recommendations to lead developer for approval before starting work.
The chosen individual will work out of the Contour Software Lahore/Karachi/Islamabad resource center office, as an extension of the division-based R&D department.
Job Qualifications General skills and knowledge
- Develop new programs in the .Net Framework.
- Review and rewrite older programs to increase operating efficiency, enhance the customer experience, and adapt to new requirements as required.
- Investigate and resolve open bugs.
- Actively participate in product direction/design discussions.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
Specialized skills and knowledge:
- Strong English speaking ability.
- Strong English writing ability.
- Superior interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and multi-tasking skills.
- Positive disposition, self-motivated, organized and reliable.
- Ability to produce quality work in a timely manner.
Education and Work Experience:
- Experience using Micrsoft.NET (C#), MS Access, and MS SQL are required.
- In depth knowledge of Object-Oriented Programming concepts, event handling, and threading are required.
- 7+ years of Windows desktop application development (WinForms), preferable on a software product team.
- 7+ years of experience using LINQ (or EF) and experience with ADO.NET.
- 7+ years of SQL development experience, including modeling and stored procedures.
- Strong written and verbal English skills. The candidate must be able to work efficiently in a team environment with US counterparts.
- Strong analytical skills, including the ability to develop an understanding of a large and complex code base.
- Ability to write high quality source code and program complete applications efficiently within deadlines.
- Microsoft development certifications a plus.
Exciting Benefits we offer:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, math, or related area with an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Market-leading Salary
- Medical Coverage Self & Dependents
- Parents Medical Coverage
- Provident Fund
- Employee Performance-based bonuses
- Home Internet Subsidy
- Conveyance Allowance
- Profit Sharing Plan [Tenured Employees Only]
- Life Benefit
- Child Care Facility
- Company Provided Lunch/Dinner
- Professional Development Budget
- Recreational area for in-house games
- Sporadic On-shore training opportunities
- Friendly work environment
- Leave Encashment