Vela Software acquires, manages and builds industry specific software businesses globally. Vela is an operating group of Constellation Software Inc., a leading provider of software and services to a select group of public and private sector markets. Constellation Software operates in over 100 countries and dozens of verticals. Constellation Software has completed over 350 acquisitions of small, medium and large private and public companies since its inception in 1995.
We are looking for a Staff Accountant to maintain our financial records, including purchases, sales, receipts and payments.
Senior Financial Accountant job duties include working closely with the Controller to create and analyze financial reports, process accounts payable and receivable and manage invoices and tax payments. Our ideal candidate holds an Accounting degree and is familiar with Microsoft Dynamics GP (GP) accounting software.
Ultimately, the responsibilities are to accurately record all day-to-day financial transactions of our company.
- Record day to day financial transactions and complete the posting process within GP.
- Post invoice batches within the sales module and ensuring that the invoices are being deferred correctly in GP.
- Review of AR aging reports, assist in preparation of the allowance of doubtful account provision and supporting material, send monthly AR statements to customers, process and follow up on customer payments.
- Process customer account credits, return memos, cash receipts and apply them against invoices in GP.
- Coordinate and prepare customer invoices and reconcile monthly invoice activity to ensure completeness and accuracy.
- Coordinates and manages all relevant support relating to customer invoices including executed contracts, purchase orders and other support material.
- Assist in the regular reconciliation of AR related accounts (e.g., work in progress, AR, deferred revenue).
- Assist with state sales tax compliance and other tax requirements.
- Assist in the preparation of internal monthly financial statements related to monthly, quarterly and annual reporting within deadlines and with high attention to accuracy, including:
- Bank and account reconciliation preparation and adjustments, analytical review and variance analysis.
- Reconcile the AP and AR Subledgers to the General Ledger.
- Update of quarterly accruals and commitments.
- Preparation of journal entries for month end close; and
- Process accounts payable by analyzing different invoices and making sure they are coded correctly and posting them into GP.
- Identify inter-company differences and send to local accounting team findings.
- Prepare intercompany journals (management fees, recharges etc.) as required by local accounting team.
- Prepare foreign exchange journals and send to local accounting team to review.
- Prepare transfer pricing journals and send to local accounting team to review.
- Generating smartview reports from GP to use in various reports.
- Assistance with preparation of balance sheet reconciliations monthly and related reports.
- Assistance with preparation of revenue analysis reports monthly.
- Assistance with preparation of trial balance variance analysis and commentary monthly.
- Assist with quarterly disclosure reporting and templates.
- Generates and maintains complete records of all financial transactions in accordance to IFRS and in time to meet internal and external timelines.
- Implement process improvements to accounting processes and procedures to increase efficiency and effectiveness.
- Undertake special projects and ad hoc analysis as needed.
Exciting Benefits we Offer:
- Proven bookkeeping/accounting experience.
- Solid understanding of basic bookkeeping and accounting payable/receivable principles.
- Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records.
- Data entry skills along with a knack for numbers.
- Hands-on experience with spreadsheets and proprietary software.
- Proficiency in English and in MS Excel.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- BS degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration .
- Market-leading Salary
- Medical Coverage – Self & Dependents
- Parents Medical Coverage
- Provident Fund
- Employee Performance-based bonuses
- Home Internet Subsidy
- Conveyance Allowance
- Profit Sharing Plan [Tenured Employees Only]
- Life Benefit
- Child Care Facility
- Company Provided Lunch/Dinner
- Professional Development Budget
- Recreational area for in-house games
- Sporadic On-shore training opportunities
- Friendly work environment
- Leave Encashment