Charter Software Inc. partners with servicing dealers & distributors to promote mutual success through use of our technology-based management tools. ASPEN is an affordable, Microsoft-based Business Management System used by hundreds of equipment dealers across North America to better run their business and positively impact their bottom line.
The role of the Software Developer
is to be a valued contributor on the Scrum team for ASPEN, Charter Software's flagship business management system. Daily responsibilities include but are not limited to performing troubleshooting and analysis for existing system bugs as well as coding new user interface and service components for ASPEN. The Senior Software Developer also functions as a mentor for others on the team, as well as a consultant for software architecture questions.
- Perform maintenance on existing ASPEN code base to address bugs and minor enhancement requests using a mix of C# and VB.NET.
- Develop new functionality in C# for ASPEN under the guidance of the Senior Software Engineer and Director of IT.
- Trouble-shoot existing code issues in a Tier 3 support role, working in conjunction with Senior Engineers, Business Analysts, and Technical Support.
- Other duties and responsibilities as required.
The selected hire will work out of the Contour Software Lahore resource center office, as an extension of the division-based R&D department.
- B.S. or higher in CIS, MIS, CS or other appropriate field of study. Equivalent experience is acceptable in lieu of a degree.
- 3-5 years of experience of developing applications using .Net.
- Troubleshooting code issues and familiarity with debugging in a Visual Studio environment.
- 0-3 years' experience querying and working with data in a relational database with preference given to SQL Server & T-SQL.
- Degree of critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Written and verbal communication skills.
Exciting Benefits we offer:
- 0-3 years' experience of VB.net
- Exposure to RESTful service development.
- Familiarity with developing user interfaces on various client technologies, including both rich-client and web-client.
- Exposure to Microsoft's Entity Framework for modeling data.
- Market-leading Salary
- Medical Coverage – Self & Dependents
- Parents Medical Coverage
- Provident Fund
- Employee Performance-based bonuses
- Home Internet Subsidy
- Conveyance Allowance
- Profit Sharing Plan [Tenured Employees Only]
- Life Benefit
- Child Care Facility
- Company Provided Lunch/Dinner
- Professional Development Budget
- Recreational area for in-house games
- Sporadic On-shore training opportunities
- Friendly work environment
- Leave Encashment