The Perseus Group is seeking a qualified Billing and Collection Specialist for one of its vertical. The candidate must be resourceful, inquisitive, self-motivated, possess strong interpersonal skills and be capable of handling high work volumes with accuracy during peak periods.
The learning opportunities, in terms of international accounting rules, processes and tools, are immense. Some training will be provided by the local team members. However, the ideal candidate will be one who brings drive and initiative to the learning process.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains consistent income and adequate control of the clients A/R.
- Receives, researches and resolves all correspondence issues from insurance companies and provides additional information when requested.
- Verifies patient insurance coverage. Making changes whenever necessary.
- Enters payments and adjustments against the appropriate service items on accounts for the month whenever necessary. Balances these against the Batch Control Logs.
- Generates and submits all insurance claim forms in coordination with Client Rep. This will also include the generation and submission of electronic claim files and resubmissions whenever necessary.
- Submits patient billing statements monthly.
- Reviews monthly all credit balance reports and applies the money to the appropriate accounts.
- Documents appropriately any action taken on patients accounts using the on-line patient tickler.
- Works to resolve all Bad Address returns by mail.
- Receives and resolves client and/or patient requests with 48 hours.
- Independently evaluates and resolves issues as needed. When appropriate, escalates issues to maintain acceptable support response time and customer satisfaction.
- Appropriately communicates with clients on going issues through resolution.
- Determines why and resolves any accounts that are unpaid by insurance companies.
- Maintains proper communication with insurance companies.
- Notifies Client rep and /or clients of needed referrals and authorizations.
- Works effectively across departments as needed to achieve common goals.
- Actively contributes to HMGs effort to provide excellent client support.
- Follows all internal policies and procedures to ensure timely completion of work.
- Provides internal assistance, when requested.
- Actively contributes to the Companys efforts to provide excellent client service.
- Comply with the ethical and legal requirements, specifically HIPAA regulations.
Exciting Benefits we offer:
- Bachelors degree or equivalent.
- Two years of customer service experience and/or 2-3 years of experience in follow-up in a medical or financial setting.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work both independently and as an excellent team player.
- Must be able to cooperate and work effectively with all levels of expertise within the organization.
- Ability to analyze issues logically and efficiently and address multiple-priorities in a professional manner.
- Must be detailed oriented.
- Market-leading Salary
- Medical Coverage – Self & Dependents
- Parents Medical Coverage
- Provident Fund
- Employee Performance-based bonuses
- Home Internet Subsidy
- Conveyance Allowance
- Profit Sharing Plan [Tenured Employees Only]
- Life Benefit
- Child Care Facility
- Company Provided Lunch/Dinner
- Professional Development Budget
- Recreational area for in-house games
- Sporadic On-shore training opportunities
- Friendly work environment
- Leave Encashment