Ibcos Computers Ltd is the UK's leading provider of Dealership Management Software to the Agricultural, Construction and Ground Care industries. We help Dealers manage all areas of the business operations from parts and service, through sales and finance, with innovative solutions to achieve their business objectives
We are looking for a Senior Support Developer to provide software support for a dealership management solution, using a mix of modern programming languages and techniques as well as a large legacy codebase. To investigate, understand, and propose solutions to product defects. To resolve commonly encountered customer issues with the development of tools, utilities and functionality that aids resolution.
Produce software components to a high standard that are both manually and automatically tested on all the environments they will be deployed to. Produce readable, maintainable code that is both manually and automatically tested in all target environments. To contribute to the production of best practise methodologies in relation to software support and to follow the departmental processes
This role will work with Account Managers in supporting our clients who represent the largest real estate companies in the United States and our internal technical teams to identify, diagnose and solve issues related to our software products.
- Liaise with Support Team Leaders and Product Specialist to investigate, understand, and provide answers to critical issues identified through the support process
- To work with the Development team to aid effective defect resolution
- To fix assigned issues effectively assisting QA in verification
- To maximise opportunities to resolve commonly encountered customer issues with the development of functionality and utilities that will facilitate resolution
- Follow best practise principles and methodologies agreed by the Development Manager.
- Research and understand development techniques that help to improve the delivery and quality of the existing and new functionality.
- Research new technologies to support the changing architecture of the Ibcos product base.
- Test code both manually and using automated methods (unit, integration and UI testing) to remove any defects at the earliest opportunity.
- Review code created by other support developers, ensuring that the code conforms to coding standards, matches the documented requirements, and does not introduce defects.
- Work with QA team to ensure features and defect resolutions match corresponding test scenarios.
- Ensure code components pass continual production testing and resolve any identified defects.
- Assist QA/support with defect investigation, steps to reproduce defect, and provide a solution to resolve any defect identified.
- Coach and mentor other members of the Software Support Team.
- Become involved in ad-hoc tasks as required.
The chosen individual will work out of the Contour Software Islamabad resource center office, as an extension of the division-based R&D team. Job Requirements
Suitable for someone who...
- Essential Good Working knowledge of the English language.
- Essential Good communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
- Essential Strong problem-solving skills.
- Essential Strong ability to troubleshoot front-end/client side, server side and database related issues.
- Essential Experience with C# and Microsoft .Net framework.
- Essential Experience of relational databases (SQL).
- Essential Willingness to learn different programming languages and paradigms.
- Desirable Experience with Xamarin and Xamarin.Forms.
- Desirable Experience of flat file databases (ISAMS).
- Desirable Knowledge of JIRA.
- Desirable Experience with Financial (Accounting) systems.
- Is passionate about creating and maintaining quality software. Has good experience of defect investigation and resolution. Has experience of producing production level software. Is pragmatic and a good problem solver.
- It is essential that you can understand the problem at hand and effectively communicate ideas for solutions clearly and persuasively, in both written and oral forms.
Exciting Benefits we offer:
|Communication ||I can effectively communicate with people at all levels both internally and externally |
|Effective ||I can work both independently and collaboratively to achieve my goals |
|Precise ||I am accurate in my communication and exact in my delivery |
|Tenacious ||I ensure that all tasks on an activity are seen through to completion |
|Credible ||I know what I'm talking about and can back this up with evidence |
|Positive ||I convey an optimistic and confident approach to situations |
|Interested ||I want to learn more about what I and the company does |
|Committed ||I do what I say I'll do; people can count on me |
|Respectful ||I treat colleagues and customers with deference and respect |
|Collaborative ||I work well with others to get the desired outcome |
- Market-leading Salary
- Medical Coverage Self & Dependents
- Parents Medical Coverage
- Provident Fund
- Employee Performance-based bonuses
- Home Internet Subsidy
- Conveyance Allowance
- Profit Sharing Plan [Tenured Employees Only]
- Life Benefit
- Child Care Facility
- Company Provided Lunch/Dinner
- Professional Development Budget
- Recreational area for in-house games
- Sporadic On-shore training opportunities
- Friendly work environment
- Leave Encashment