Market Leader, a subsidiary of Constellation Software Inc., is a pioneer in lead generation and contact management systems, and has been helping agents and teams manage, grow, and thrive since 1999. Market Leader proudly serves over 200,000 agents and teams across the United States and Canada.
Market Leader is looking for a motivated Data Engineer to help shape and drive the future of our web and mobile products. Candidates should possess experience in working with data whether it be in SQL server, DataBricks, Spark, etc. Primary functions of this position will be to perform sustaining engineering activities on existing products, and to undertake new development projects as they are prioritized.
The successful candidate will have strong architectural, coding and design skills, with broad experiences from which to draw. You will have solved complex technical problems, and be able to lead the development of creative, efficient solutions in both broad collaborative and deep individual efforts.
The candidate is expected to help maintain current product features and address ongoing system issues that are prioritized by the Engineering Leadership, System Operations, Support, and Development team leads. Ability to analyze, debug, and identify and fix root causes of ongoing issues will be critical to your success. You must be great at tracking down issues and bugs and coming up with the proper fix.
You are also expected to deliver features and designs on small- or mid-sized projects and estimate schedules for these projects. Candidate must be able to recognize business needs and identify opportunities for optimization, reuse, cost reduction and overall system efficiency.
Our SDLC and toolset is agile and highly collaborative with industry leading practices such as wiki documentation, issue tracking system and distributed version control systems. This position is great for developers who want to work in a commercial SAAS product development environment, and for someone who can get things done and loves to learn.
The selected candidate will work out of the Contour Software Karachi resource center office, as an extension of the division-based R&D department.
Primary responsibilities include but not limited to:
Required Qualifications & Skills:
- Maintenance of ETL, data flow, and reporting processes.
- Create and deploy data visualizations and reports using PowerBI and DataBricks
- Deliver features and projects from specification all the way through to release. Design application features collaboratively with product managers, creative designers, technical leads, and Quality Assurance.
- Troubleshoot production issues related to data flows within the enterprise. Serve as level 2 support for any production data flow requests or issues.
- Identify defect trends, perform root-cause analysis, and refactor problem areas from a data perspective
- Create, maintain, and monitor scheduled jobs for all BI processes
- Provide analyses on upstream changes and initiatives, to assess data changes or impacts
- Work closely with the Business Intelligence team to develop end to end reporting solutions that serve both internal and external customers
- Create documentation for ETL processes, object usage, and data models
- Test new and revised code and make revisions to eliminate errors.
- Assist team members in establishing test environments and data.
- Review test results with teams, complete final program documentation, and obtain approval for changes
- University degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related discipline.
- At least 3 years of proficient experience working with Microsoft SQL Server stored procedures, views, troubleshooting, etc.
- Ability to learn new skills quickly to make a measurable difference
- Understanding of data architecture principles, and how ETL flows affect the data architecture
- Demonstrated knowledge of all phases of Software Development Lifecycle
- Understanding of data models such as normalized, de-normalized, star schema, and snowflake
- Ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast paced, rapidly changing, and complex environment
- Possesses strong architectural, design, programming, and debugging experience. Must be a top-notch problem solver.
- Strong experience in performance and integration testing of software products, with proven ability to analyze and present results.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively both within a team and cross-group to drive identification and resolution of issues to ship under tight deadlines.
- Must be highly motivated with a strong passion for and commitment to software quality.
- Ability to prioritize and manage work to meet critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication skills, ability to make and influence decisions, and drive open discussions to closure.
- Must excel in both individual and group settings.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively on small cross functional teams.
- Must be a great team player and collaborator.
- Must be self-driven and demonstrate creative thinking capabilities.
- Must have great communication skills with the ability to explain and write clear technical designs and ideas to peers, QA, and management team members.
Exciting Benefits we offer:
- Market-leading Salary
- Medical Coverage – Self & Dependents
- Parents Medical Coverage
- Provident Fund
- Employee Performance-based bonuses
- Home Internet Subsidy
- Conveyance Allowance
- Profit Sharing Plan [Tenured Employees Only]
- Life Benefit
- Child Care Facility [Karachi & Lahore only]
- Company Provided Lunch/Dinner
- Professional Development Budget
- Recreational area for in-house games [Karachi & Lahore only]
- Sporadic On-shore training opportunities
- Friendly work environment
- Leave Encashment