As Manager Software Development Services, the hired candidate shall support the senior management to sustain, build and manage the resource centers largest service line.
This position reports to the Director Software Development Services and serves the R&D Department Managers and Development Leads/Managers of all Divisions served by the Resource Centre, for this service line.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform or drive the technical skills analysis component of recruitment activities for the department, with a role varying between hands-on (for new teams) and shepherding (for growth in existing teams), in collaboration with pre-existing functional team members.
- Perform routine personnel management activities to improve employee satisfaction, performance and professional development. Specifically, this includes preparing minutes of key meetings, at a language quality level sufficient for sharing with native speakers, thus ensuring a steady flow of communication.
- Under the supervision of Director-Software Development Services, perform business development activities, to promote the service line offering, to divisions not currently utilizing the service.
- Elicit and fine-tune divisions personnel requirements, in order to drive recruitment efforts.
- Work to remain abreast with latest trends and gain technical knowledge relevant to the service line, involving various Software Development and Management tools, technologies, processes and methodologies.
- Actively coordinate and support the non-technical skills analysis component of recruitment activities for the department, in collaboration with the HR department.
- Facilitate software technology stack and process knowledge sharing and training initiatives across teams within the service line, via planned sessions, team-level interactions, as well as via management of the Intranet portal, as per the Directors direction.
- Provide assistance to document and utilize service line success stories, by incorporating them into business development artifacts, in order to grow the service line.
- Act as a key contributor of service quality, employee retention and business growth targets.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Service Line/Departmental Cumulative Reviews Score
- Departmental Retention Percentage
- Service Line Growth Rate
Exciting Benefits we offer:
- University degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
- Management education (MBA/BBA or other) or equivalent experience.
- At least 8 years experience performing in a functional role in the software development industry, ideally as a hands-on practitioner of Software Development.
- At least 5 years experience performing in a team lead or team management role, involving
- delivery of technical mentorship and personnel management oversight to senior, intermediate and junior level resources;
- responsibility for delivery on individual and overall team tasks, goals and deadlines;
- performance of a decision-making role in technical recruitment and selection activities;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to present ideas and proposals in a succinct and persuasive manner, at varying levels of abstraction, to technical, managerial and client audiences.
- Market-leading Salary
- Medical Coverage – Self & Dependents
- Parents Medical Coverage
- Provident Fund
- Employee Performance-based bonuses
- Home Internet Subsidy
- Conveyance Allowance
- Profit Sharing Plan [Tenured Employees Only]
- Life Benefit
- Child Care Facility [Karachi & Lahore only]
- Company provided Lunch/Dinner
- Professional Development Budget
- Recreational area for in-house games [Karachi & Lahore only]
- Sporadic On-shore training opportunities
- Friendly work environment
- Leave Encashment