Trapeze Group delivers solutions that consider the full 360 degrees of passenger transport. Whether addressing the needs of a single department, an entire organization, or the community, Trapeze provides some of the most advanced software, intelligent transportation systems (ITS) and mobile technologies in the industry. Hundreds of government and commercial organizations across Europe, North America and Asia Pacific have turned to Trapeze to realize efficiencies, enhance the quality and scope of their services, and safely transport more people with less cost.
This position is for a mobile (android) application developer who will work on a variety of development tasks in a growing organization and focus on our client-server transit workforce solutions. The hired candidate is responsible for designing and implementing new mobile applications, features, bug fixes, enhancing existing code, and participate in cross-functional teamwork such as code-review, documentation, and defining specification.
Required Qualification and Experience:
- University or College degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering Science or equivalent.
- 5+ years of Android Mobile Application Development using Kotlin.
- 5+ years of Programming experience with SQLite, and also other relational databases (MS SQL, Oracle)
- Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices.
- Strong understanding of Object-Oriented design and Java programming language.
- Good knowledge of the open-source Android libraries available for common tasks.
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle.
- Experience working with a version control system, e.g. Git.
- Experience with thin-client and service-oriented architectures is an asset.
- Knowledge of transit, human resources and finance applications would be considered an asset.
- Referenceable applications built using Kotlin required.
Exciting Benefits we offer:
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to monitor and maintain process reliability.
- Ability to produce quality work in a timely manner.
- Ability to work effectively with others when needed.
- Pleasing disposition; self-motivated; organized; reliable.
- Keen to learn and keep up with new technology.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Market-leading Salary
- Medical Coverage Self & Dependents
- Parents Medical Coverage
- Provident Fund
- Employee Performance-based bonuses
- Home Internet Subsidy
- Conveyance Allowance
- Profit-Sharing Plan [Tenured Employees Only]
- Life Benefit
- Child Care Facility
- Company Provided Lunch/Dinner
- Professional Development Budget
- Recreational area for in-house games
- Sporadic On-shore training opportunities
- Friendly work environment
- Leave Encashment