Excelergy, part of the Harris Group of companies, is a world leader in high performance software solutions that optimize the customer care and billing processes in competitive retail energy markets. Our flagship product, Excelergy RevenueManager, is proven world-wide and supports multiple commodities through the entire customer lifecycle — from prospecting, to customer acquisition, customer service and billing — in residential, commercial and industrial markets.
We are looking for a Software Developer, to work out of the Contour Software Karachi resource center office, as an extension of the division-based R&D department.
Primary responsibilities include but not limited to:
Required Qualifications & Skills:
- Utilize VB or C# for custom on-off apps.
- Utilize VB script for pricing scripts within our product.
- Use C# / VB.net to write / integrate APIs / Webservices.
- Comprehend requirements and make recommendations.
- Effectively/succinctly communicate ideas to co-workers.
- See different creative ways to provide a solution to a clients needs.
- Write clear/concise user level documentation.
- Effectively manage time with multiple deliverables.
- Determine when to figure out issue on own, vs ask appropriate questions to prevent spinning.
Exciting Benefits we offer:
- University degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related discipline.
- 4+ years of development experience with VBScript.
- Good knowledge and experience of C# and/or VB.net.
- Good knowledge and experience of API / Web services integration and development in .net.
- Strong object-oriented programming and code reusability concepts.
- Good knowledge and experience of Oracle/ SQL Server complex Report Writing.
- Experience in an Enterprise software environment will be a plus.
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills with ability to communicate with different business units and clients appropriately.
- Exceptional focus on detail with respect to documentation and communication.
- Strong positive attitude and ability to stay calm when faced with deadlines and stress.
- Domain experience / familiarity with utility industry or billing is a plus.
- Ability and willingness to independently learn new technologies.
- Market-leading Salary
- Medical Coverage – Self & Dependents
- Parents Medical Coverage
- Provident Fund
- Employee Performance-based bonuses
- Home Internet Subsidy
- Conveyance Allowance
- Profit Sharing Plan [Tenured Employees Only]
- Life Benefit
- Child Care Facility
- Company Provided Lunch/Dinner
- Professional Development Budget
- Recreational area for in-house games
- Sporadic On-shore training opportunities
- Friendly work environment
- Leave Encashment