Petrosys is the leader in mapping, modeling and data management solutions for the oil & gas industry – uniquely integrated with the broadest range of specialist geoscience and GIS applications. Petrosys produces quality maps and visualizations. It aggregates, manages and analyzes the underlying data – for actionable results that communicate with clarity and accuracy.
The division is looking to recruit a Full-Stack Developer (Java) with experience of coordinating with developers and business analysts and also helping other developers in a team.
The chosen individual will work out of the Contour Software Karachi/Lahore/Islamabad resource center office, as an extension of the division-based R&D department.
Required Qualifications & Skills:
Nice to have:
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university or a certificate from a technical training institute.
- Strong understanding of relational databases (Preferably Oracle and/or SQL Server).
- Good SQL and CSS.
- Resourceful and self-motivated with a proactive approach to problem solving.
- Experience working with Business Analysts in turning high level input into tasks to be implemented.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Our current technical stack:
- Backbone.JS / Marionette experience.
- Experience with Elasticsearch.
- Experience working in an industry related to Oil & Gas or GIS.
- One of the roles would ideally suit a candidate with maths / probability experience including Monte Carlo simulation.
Exciting Benefits we offer:
- Java 8
- Struts 2
- Oracle database (But adding support also for SQL Server)
- Market-leading Salary
- Medical Coverage – Self & Dependents
- Parents Medical Coverage
- Provident Fund
- Employee Performance-based bonuses
- Home Internet Subsidy
- Conveyance Allowance
- Profit Sharing Plan [Tenured Employees Only]
- Life Benefit
- Child Care Facility
- Company Provided Lunch/Dinner
- Professional Development Budget
- Recreational area for in-house games
- Sporadic On-shore training opportunities
- Friendly work environment
- Leave Encashment